Not into Gear?

Clunegapyears

Driving this morning had a little incident with the gears. Tried to put the motorhome in gear and it just would not slot into any of them. Had to pull over to the side and switch the engine off. On the third attempt it finally moved into gear. The gears and clutch then behaved perfectly, but I felt it was juddering a little in low gears pulling away.
The only change to normal patterns, was that he had just put the heat exchanger on. This is not something we usually remember do, so I wondered if this could have been a factor. Any ideas welcomed.
We are currently just N of Nice with a boat booked tomorrow for Corsica, so really hope it is not a warning for something serious.

3 litre chain driven Fiat.

No clutch is wear and tear ?. Don’t hold out much hope but will approach Fiat for a good will contribution as it is not yet 3 years old.
The extended warranty included FIat Assistance, which has covered the recovery to a garage, accommodation and car car. So the warranty cost has mor than paid for itself.
Don’t expect the MH back till end of next week, so making the most of Corsican hill towns in a hire car.

Also need to sort out the damage when the towing pin broke! Broken facia, grill and half the towing pin stuck in!!! Low loader chappie wanted me to sign off the job without marking the damage. Snatched the job sheet out of my hand as aid was about to pen to paper. He’s now denying responsibility. Fun and games!!!

Possibly a rusty thread on the towing eye and the ****** didn’t clean it up before screwing it in so only a partial thread holding it

Andy you and I both know from experience that that bolt (eye) has not been fully in ,All the years I’ve winched on I’ve never had one snap due to it being fully home ,I have seen snapped pins but due to operators neglect and if anyone is truthful in the trade regarding this I think they would also agree ,what’s your thought on my comment ?

Only seen them break if they are using an offset winch and trying to pull the vehicle over to one side, I have a collection of pins in my shed, it was easier to go and buy a new pin when a new model came out than searching thru the members boot and thru all the crap and holiday stuff to try and find it and then they say that’s what that’s for it’s in my shed I didn’t know what to do with it?

Spot on Andy ... he was towing from the side! Fortunately James was taking lots of pix and when we enlarge one, we can see no damage before the pin snapped.
The last pic is a bonus one ... guess some of these tight shorts only come out once a year!FD9D9142-FDCD-4BD7-B4A8-FE4E47B74FCB.jpeg2394C75C-FF3A-4380-951A-876AC1C9AA30.jpegA0C9CEE1-AAC8-4767-A4C2-95B6501832C3.jpeg76DF75A8-B162-47DA-8770-79882EC31D57.jpeg

Rescue truck should have know better winching at that angle,it's more than the steering lock doh. At least the muffin tops were a helpful bunch.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back