OBDII scanner ? What do you use ?

Trek

Free Member

OBDII scanner ? What do you use ?

I have a basic obd2 scanner called Scanguage II which is a useful addition to my dash as I have it displaying coolant water and outside air temp, speed in km/h and the engine load amongst other options it can also read some error codes and clear some of them

but it is limited , my son informs me he has an yellow error warning on his bmw so when we see him over xmas i will try my scanguage to read the error code but was thinking of getting a better device

what if any do you use ?

ECUScan reads codes resets service schedules etc bought from Gendan from Swansea

hi
i use a foxwell 600 works well. and a snap on vantage ultra to check components it tells you the information
of test procedures.

For Fiat, MultiEcuScan. Almost dealer level software that can do a lot more than just read fault codes.

Most code scanners are limited so which of the above do chassis diagnostics as well as engine on the Fiat Ducato?

Richard

RichD1;n15352 said:
Most code scanners are limited so which of the above do chassis diagnostics as well as engine on the Fiat Ducato?

Richard

At the risk of repeating my previous post, MultiEcuScan. Accesses all ECUs, error codes and resets, oil and service resets, injector coding, DPF regen, ABS/ESC bleeding, proxy-align, etc, etc...

So this MultiEcuScan is a piece of software for pc or tablet and needs an ELM327 device to interface with the odb port ?

http://www.multiecuscan.net/

i see there is a free basic option so you could try it if you had a elm327

so these are optimised for fiats alfas etc Any idea about Merc’s?

( i believe Ross-Tech are VW specific )

Last edited:
Trek;n15411 said:
So this MultiEcuScan is a piece of software for pc or tablet and needs an ELM327 device to interface with the odb port ?

Or buy the multiplexed version if you are serious and a capable mechanic. 230 Euros but will have paid for itself after a single service on a Euro 5+ or 6 van, compared to Fiat prices. Reset the service and oil degradation counters, et voila!

RichD1;n15511 said:
Unfortunately not a Windows user.

Richard

I run it on an old XP netbook, that I only use for diagnostic software. You can pick up a suitable device for next to nothing.

Hi Philm

thanks for your kind offer

we scanned the bmw when my son came home for Xmas ( the engine management light wasn’t on at the time)

We read a code can’t remember now what it was or if it allowed us to clear the code i will add it here when / if I remember it

anyway he has returned home and so far no reoccurrence

Edit
He has just told me his air bag warning is coming on/off as he drives along m4 in his citroen jumper van but its still under warranty

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back