Odd happenings with my Merc.

GWAYGWAY

We went for a rabble about in Wales and a couple of days of slow country lanes etc O the way to Anglesey I went onto a dual carriageway and sped up to normal running speed. (60) when it was down on power and response ,it started hissing loudly. I thought I had blown a turbo hose but kept going the hissing seems to be when pulling hard, hence the leaking hose. Then it suddenly stopped making the noise and off we went as normal. It was for about 10 miles., the noise I recall now seemed to be from the offside and exhaust.. I now wonder if the particulate filter had blocked and it did a regen to clear it, burning out the crud build up from slow driving. There is no mention of what happens if it blocks but it is all full operational now. Any ideas if it might be something else?????

Your driving to slow in towns etc, local dilivery van man tells me all the mercs were got rid of for this local dilivery problem, if it wont clear its well over £1200 to fix, they are now on electric vans for short runs.

We went for a rabble about in Wales and a couple of days of slow country lanes etc O the way to Anglesey I went onto a dual carriageway and sped up to normal running speed. (60) when it was down on power and response ,it started hissing loudly. I thought I had blown a turbo hose but kept going the hissing seems to be when pulling hard, hence the leaking hose. Then it suddenly stopped making the noise and off we went as normal. It was for about 10 miles., the noise I recall now seemed to be from the offside and exhaust.. I now wonder if the particulate filter had blocked and it did a regen to clear it, burning out the crud build up from slow driving. There is no mention of what happens if it blocks but it is all full operational now. Any ideas if it might be something else?????
It is probably doing a regen, they do this every 4 -500 miles, this built into the engine computer.

Surely if it was that we would know of it on the forums.

Merc vans are the same as all other turbo diesel engined vehicles, they need quite a lot of welly from time to time to keep them running well. My 2008 Renault Master can be a right pain and go into limp home mode unless I blow the cobwebs out of the system at quite regular intervals.

It was the Auto assumption I was questioning.

There are quite a few Sprinter Mohos on the forums but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned, I don't have one so don't loiter on the Sprinter forums :D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back