Old Ambulance MOT

Daisymini

Old Ambulance MOT

Have just taken the old ambulance for an MOT and waited with bated breath....!!! It failed but only on a couple of minor welding jobs so its booked in for the work, should have it back tomorrow afternoon ready to go on Ebay.
You cant beat a good old Merc engine, its been stood most of the summer with a couple of turnovers here and there and she started up first time! I have had 4 years fun in her and shall be sad to see her go, especially because me and Geoff built her.

And Wae Wae your work on her has worked

There is quite a following for those old Merc's so hopefully it should sell quite quickly, best of luck.

Great news Sue should sell no problem advertise it in the right places.

Can't you search ebay for something similar and go from there?

Daisymini;n2257 said:
not sure what to put it on for? and ideas folks?

try my method add up what it cost roughly to buy and convert then the 4 mot costs deduct roughly between £1000 and £1500 for each year you have run it see what your left it's always worked on my vans and the yearly cost leaves room to tweek lol

thinking of putting it on £2000 that will allow for the tyre kickers and the cost of MOT and welding and hope to get a little more for it

Decide a price,add 500,then the buyer can haggle you down to the price you wanted in the first place,everyone is happy...or you may get lucky and some mug will just pay the asking price.

Lee;n2316 said:
Here's one I've found on ebay, your is much better than this, so I would say you need about £2,200 to £2,500 I hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...EAAOSwpP9Y7Hbu

Thanks for the link....considering mine has 100w solar twin leisure batteries 13kg gasit, colour changing led's, toilet and shower, and much lower mileage i think ill start mine at £2500, plus new exhaust and new MOT

edit: shower cubicle with porta loo..!

Last edited:
will do that for you tomorrow mike as its in the garage having 2 little spot welds done to pass its MOT.

Daisymini;n2331 said:
Thanks for the link....considering mine has 100w solar twin leisure batteries 13kg gasit, colour changing led's, toilet and shower, and much lower mileage i think ill start mine at £2500, plus new exhaust and new MOT

Well I'd stick another £500 on for those colour changing lights alone ?

Daisymini;n2331 said:

I agree I forgot about all the extras, it's definitely worth the money, at least it's a reasonable start.

Now now ladies no squabbling in public, you only do that after a bottle of vodka, remember.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back