Omnia oven

Trotter

Anyone got one gathering dust somewhere?
Omnia oven.
I use mine fairly often. Not totally convinced of its worth. The basic oven isn’t cheap at £50. The “extras” are ridiculously expensive. A wire trivet £14, the silicon inner £30. Also, if your cooker hob sits below the level of the worktop, you’ll be wise to raise it a bit to prevent scorching*
All this makes the Ramoska oven snip if still on offer at £99. If you have enough power.
Failing that. A look at the Ridgemonkey is worth a punt. But go for the XL model, not the one I bought, which is a bit bigger causing the scorching problem*, also it has one skillet sectioned, making it a bit of a pain to use. .

* Scorching has now been eliminated, thanks to Streetsleeper’s handiwork and the loss of a saucepan.

Last edited:

RoaminRog

Omnia oven.
I use mine fairly often. Not totally convinced of its worth. The basic oven isn’t cheap at £50. The “extras” are ridiculously expensive. A wire trivet £14, the silicon inner £30. Also, if your cooker hob sits below the level of the worktop, you’ll be wise to raise it a bit to prevent scorching*
All this makes the Ramoska oven snip if still on offer at £99. If you have enough power.
Failing that. A look at the Ridgemonkey is worth a punt. But go for the XL model, not the one I bought, which is a bit bigger causing the scorching problem*, also it has one skillet sectioned, making it a bit of a pain to use. .

* Scorching has now been eliminated, thanks to Streetsleeper’s handiwork and the loss of a saucepan.
Just ordered a Ridgemonkey XL Derek, what was causing scorching?

RoaminRog

Hi Roger,
Make sure you use it for everything not just toasties ;) Diane has done pies, pizza, oven chips, steak,chops plus loads more (y)

Regards,
Del
That’s the plan Del. My ‘early’ Christmas prezzie is a folding camper kitchen, so I will be able to experiment as much as I like. I even have a utility tent, for my kitchen and the washing machine for when we go back to Mikkis next year.
Not so much camping..... more an alternative way of life!

Trotter

Just ordered a Ridgemonkey XL Derek, what was causing scorching?
Although the one you've ordered is called XL, there is, or was a bigger one. The size of the bigger one, can if your not careful, can overhang the hob in a way it could divert the flame towards the worktop. I'm not especially careful when cooking. Oh! lets be honest, I'm a slob. Damage can result.

RoaminRog

Although the one you've ordered is called XL, there is, or was a bigger one. The size of the bigger one, can if your not careful, can overhang the hob in a way it could divert the flame towards the worktop. I'm not especially careful when cooking. Oh! lets be honest, I'm a slob. Damage can result.
See what you mean. Thanks Del.👍

Billieblue

Omnia oven.

Cheers, Derek, I’ve had a Ridge Monkey for a couple of years, now - love it.