ONCE THIS IS OVER 😀

The laird

Rally Organiser

Dont get down in the dumps members let’s all think positive! I am looking forward when we come out this tunnel
our Family have taken the decision not to get down in the dumps with our issues world wide just now so!
we are going to holiday in Scotland and spend money here once this is over then my youngest son will get off to USA with the family to get wed,then we intend to have a break in blois in France
THEN GET SOME GREAT MEETS FOR OUR MEMBERS TO HAVE FUN ,RELAX AND ENJOY
STAY WELL STAY SAFE AND MOST OF ALL PLEASE BE SENSIBLE AND LETS ALL TRY AND DO AS WE ARE TOLD AND FOLLOW SAID INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE GOVERNMENT PLEASE
TAKE CARE ALL THE LAIRD AND MY FAMILY

Strange how we are all as you say take things for granted ,phone the doctors,dentists,schooling,luxury items ,then just heading out for a jolly .
hope our world unites into a better spirit eventually
Really sad and sorry for all who have lost loved and dear to the heart ones
god bless us all 🤞

Have a couple of trips to Italy planned, now deferred to next year. But I have a suspicion that overseas may remain problematic for longer than we think...I’m sure there will be lingering burocratic problems with travel for some time...and insurance complications with lingering Coronavirus, raised premiums; not to mention Brexit...so I won’t. If lucky we may just about manage our usual winter visit to Scotland.

Not planning too much in advance, still got to get home to UK in neat few months. Then probably won't get back to Portugal for a while. If allowed, will do lots of trips round UK in meantime, appreciating the fresh air, countryside and seaside. Also plan to catch up properly with various friends.

Have a couple of trips to Italy planned, now deferred to next year. But I have a suspicion that overseas may remain problematic for longer than we think...I’m sure there will be lingering burocratic problems with travel for some time...and insurance complications with lingering Coronavirus, raised premiums; not to mention Brexit...so I won’t. If lucky we may just about manage our usual winter visit to Scotland.
you can not go wrong. hi ho to a silver lining. and happy days. p.s keep going. and be your self. ok.pj.

As posted in #16
Overseas trips not a good idea even if possible for Now

I believe that even in 2021 many countries will want some medical certification to demonstrate you are not likely to infect others.
Difficult until the government can introduce more widespread testing.
OR expensive @ £££ a person (private)
I suggest a simple temperature scan whilst useful within a country is unlikely to satisfy other authorities.
Then there is insurance..apart from premiums rising many companies are now excluding virus induced claims.
This maybe for both travel and medical claims, but with existing policies some claims should be paid in full
I believe that as of now any new travel insurance excludes both medical expenses (maybe not) but certainly curtailment and cancellation due to the virus.
As the desk sergeant in "Hill Street Blues" used to say ...Be careful out there !
It is a new world now especially with regard to travel !
I this it will be 3 or 4 years and a vaccine before things get significantly easier !
Gloomy I know !!!...But glad to be alive and so far well !
PS the UK government is warning against booking summer holidays.
We know full lockdown is another 3 weeks then maybe partial lifting (to get people working again) another 3 weeks maybe x2
Casual mobility some time away !

Last edited:
I feel the same Gordon, not been allowed out since I retired. Doesn’t seem fair. At the moment, I’d be happy just to have one day away.
It’s a bloody sin roger you work all you life for this (your time) and shi: like this takes place at least Chris will keep you on your toes
At this point in time I’m happy I’m not retired as I think fi would bloody divorce me cause I think I’d be like a bear with a sare heid 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back