One for the metal boffins.

runnach

Doing a clean up around my workshop area, five vehicle batteries to weigh in at the scrappy, then deep in a corner, came across some junk I rescued from various shipwrecks year ago, the idea was to be creative with them, which did not happen, the scrappy for then too…to the point, and from left to right…I reckon Phosphor Bronze, the remainder clearly brass, I have another piece to source that I reckon is phosphor Bronze too ( came from same wreck) I am curious of the value comparison of PB v Brass? I also have four 6lb lead weights for weighing in too, anyone in the know of above scrap values of the above?
Cheers…

IMG_4838.jpeg

I like the idea of putting the bell on a shelf at my house, but I need a banana for scale...

Bidding will be in number of beers lol

You’ll need an account with a scrappy nowadays they can’t just pay over the counter. Money has to be paid to a bank account. Scrap was sitting pretty high a few moths back we cashed in a load of lead and it was £1.70 a kilo every time there’s a war somewhere the price rockets. Be interesting too see the difference in the brass to the bronze.

You’ll need an account with a scrappy nowadays they can’t just pay over the counter. Money has to be paid to a bank account. Scrap was sitting pretty high a few moths back we cashed in a load of lead and it was £1.70 a kilo every time there’s a war somewhere the price rockets. Be interesting too see the difference in the brass to the bronze.
Nearest merchant to me Wully, is Bernard Hunter. I'm going to search for the other piece of Bronze, which is larger and heavier, I'll let you know what the difference is value wise when I get weighed in. Oh, and I know an account is required......cheers.

I found the missing piece, apart from the bell, I’m sure this stuff came from one of Richards other wrecks that remains under water. Richard other wrecks are the most photographed dry wrecks in the world, the beached wrecks just north of Salen, Isle of Mull.

I’m debating this one, 50/50 whether brass or bronze?
IMG_4855.jpegIMG_4854.jpeg

Agreed, brass, similar to your lead, 🤣 them long studs sure do look like bronze, although not too, clear in the images.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back