ONE OR THREE FOR TONYBVI

Same place as this - I reckon the guys on the roof of their van are parked up where you are, along the far end by the shingle?

6A2D6040-351A-4985-9FCA-83E8FE70E767.jpeg88D430B0-DC8F-430B-B5DA-3BCBD6354522.jpeg

Have you visited the Hope Inn yet, just as you exit the parking? We had a pretty good meal there although understaffed so we had to wait a bit. Just the young owner and his wife appeared to be working.

Have you visited the Hope Inn yet, just as you exit the parking? We had a pretty good meal there although understaffed so we had to wait a bit. Just the young owner and his wife appeared to be working.
No it was jumping last night so we had boat to box food and Fiona had thawed some food for tonight tony

Yeah at the far end at shingle beach tony ,they've started work on the breakwater wall and are hoping to make it all safe to access the areas that are blocked off there's funding been raised in told

I reckon the shingle end where you are Gordon is the best place to park up. When we were there it was pretty packed out so we were nearer the entrance on the sea wall - tremendous views (and nearer the pub).
The guys on the van roof were great. They were with a big crowd and Sue described them as being a bit ”alternative” - there was definitely a strong smell of weed in the area! However they showed me all over their van and took me up on the roof where they had benches and a drinks table, all of which folded down for travelling. They also had a large black water tank up there which they were seeing if the sun would warm it enough for showering. Really friendly and interesting guys.

One guy who opens the gate after hours has just bought a coach he is converting think he has been there about ten weeks now but only bought the bus two weeks ago it has a full size bath a big double bed at tne rear and a large couch (area at the front he has a dog called vinny not sure if you've met him but as you say there's a smell of weed but that was at the entrance
we had a great sleep at the shingle beach end defo quieter than the other places with the fishing etc

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back