Point of Ness Campsite, Stromness, Orkney
Wednesday, June 19, 2024 - 02:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, June 25, 2024 - 10:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Fabulous time in Orkney. 6 days wilding at Birsay, Sands of Wright and Newark Bay then another 6 with the rabble...er Motorhomers...at Stromness. The weather improved with everyday and we had a great time. Thank you so much Phil for organising everything and getting us those brilliant discounts and thank you everyone else for the great company and the laughs!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed Orkney again, had a few days before the meet wilding in different spots, met some old friends and made some new ones at the meet, great time, thanks to all. Special thanks to Phil for making it possible for us to enjoy our time together, organising the whole thing and getting discounts. Look forward to the next time.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Phil, Meg & Tim for organising and stewarding this Orkney trip. It has been lovely. We have all enjoyed ourselves and it has been really lovely to relax and spend time with all of our freind’s old and new. Orkney is beautiful and we are staying on for another week for a bit more exploring ❤️ safe journey home to you all 😊

Well I learnt something on the Ferry, I always thought the Silver Tag Axle was Phil's....

Anyway the race was on this afternoon, waiting for the tide to get below Welly boots level at Birsay.

I hadn't found any Puffins elsewhere so with less than an hour I hurried up to the lighthouse then along the north side and finally found a dozen or so on a ledge, plus a couple a bit closer so a happy bunny! Found Puffins, didn't miss the ferry and have had a cracking time on the island.
IMG20240625151427.jpg

Phil, thanks so much again for organising the rally…..loved it and love Orkney!! And thanks sooooooo much for saving me bacon with the charger jobbie to get the power going again!! Just home now after the Whittingham/Goosnargh meet……

To Phil and helpers, thanks a bundle for a grand Orkney meet, great ferry discount, great campsite discount and some pretty decent weather. I had a topping time, meeting old pals and new and no matter how many times I've been there before Orkney never fails to impress.
Cheers and all the very best folks.

What everyone else has said.

Orkney is just amazing, wish we were still there. 😢

Massive thanks to Phil for organising (and braving the ferry crossing every time! 😳🤗🤗 ) and to Tim and Meg for stewarding etc.👍👌

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back