Paint your wagon

MOJO

Free Member

Is it possible to purchase the matching colour paint for our Hymer.To touch up and paint the sattalite dome from white?
Who to contact ?

I’d find a local motorfactor that makes up paint to code. I’ve had a colour matched aerosol made by them choosing a paint code just using a selection of paint chips. It doesn’t need to be the exact colour, just something similar

On some it is on the door where it shuts ie on the door frame..
But that is the vehicle colour rather than the motorhome colour.
You could also try Halfords in terms of matching
As there is not a direct join..Near enuff is Good enuff

It is scanned by the garage using the paint chips described by SimonM.

That automatically tells them the precise colour created by sun degredation.

Be careful of what you use to paint the satellite dome and how thickly you apply it. All paint will degrade reception to some extent and, while that might be insignificant with the correct paint applied at the minimum thickness, the wrong paint can pretty much render the dome useless.

If your unable to find the code !! take a small piece of the trim you want to match to a local auto paint centre (as mentioned) if your able. They’ll not only match it but will give you advice on primer and lacquer if needed

Be careful of what you use to paint the satellite dome and how thickly you apply it. All paint will degrade reception to some extent and, while that might be insignificant with the correct paint applied at the minimum thickness, the wrong paint can pretty much render the dome useless.
Reply from Road Pro- Gary,

As long as it’s a “non metallic” (with actual metal flakes) paint you’ll be fine.

Kind Regards,

Most vehicle paints should have a RAL number and if you can establish that then you can obtain that paint using the code.

Definitely go for a match of your van paintwork. I bought a spray can of Fiat Lago Blue for mine based on paint codes and it's a very poor match being much darker than on my van.

K :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back