Pet passports

Got a Portuguese PP earlier in the year. From that facebook group someone mentioned their rabies jab didn't have the address of the vet where they stamp it and this gave them problems. I checked mine and it was the same so I just wrote the postcode and town in with a pen (if you look on the page it has a * and says it must include address, phone no, vet name and sig). Had no problems getting across. Also I had no booster done at the time, but the vet didn't write anywhere that this information was copied from a UK passport, I'll get a booster now I'm over just to be on the safe side. Cost was 15 euros from charity, gave them 25.
The page where the vets details and also the microchip page “should” be covered with non removable plastic sheet or tape to stop anybody adding or changing details once the vet has filled them in, but I doubt this will be fully checked, as you have found.

The page where the vets details and also the microchip page “should” be covered with non removable plastic sheet or tape to stop anybody adding or changing details once the vet has filled them in, but I doubt this will be fully checked, as you have found.
The microchip page has plastic, as does the rabies first bit where it says Nobivac, but the bit they stamp and dates didn't, nor does the vet details.

To be honest I think they'd have let me through even without the address written in by myself. I think the original person was just unlucky and was dealing with a jobsworth.

We’ve had French pet passports for a few years, but the newer ones are different now. We had a new French passport issued for our new ( French) dog in March. We made the mistake of trusting the vet had done everything right and although we checked it, it turned out to be filled in incorrectly on the vet details page. We found out when we took the dog to another vet near Calais to get her worming tablet. The vet there told us there were parts missing and doubted it would pass muster at the pet control centre at the tunnel.
So, a trip back to the original vet, at home, 360 miles away, was necessary as only the original vet could alter or add to that page. ( which didn’t have plastic covering it. )

We’ve had French pet passports for a few years, but the newer ones are different now. We had a new French passport issued for our new ( French) dog in March. We made the mistake of trusting the vet had done everything right and although we checked it, it turned out to be filled in incorrectly on the vet details page. We found out when we took the dog to another vet near Calais to get her worming tablet. The vet there told us there were parts missing and doubted it would pass muster at the pet control centre at the tunnel.
So, a trip back to the original vet, at home, 360 miles away, was necessary as only the original vet could alter or add to that page. ( which didn’t have plastic covering it. )
So when you say 'only the original vet could alter or add to that page.', you mean from a legal rather then technical standpoint?
Why didn't you just fill it in yourself? What did you have to lose?
You'd be hard pressed to read anything on that page on my dogs as the handwriting is so bad.

So when you say 'only the original vet could alter or add to that page.', you mean from a legal rather then technical standpoint?
Why didn't you just fill it in yourself? What did you have to lose?
You'd be hard pressed to read anything on that page on my dogs as the handwriting is so bad.
The second vet said she couldn’t alter anything and the original vets signature was missing, so couldn’t be added. The writing was very clear and it would be obvious if there were any unofficial changes.

Has anyone had any experience of getting an AHC for multiple dogs? Our vets practice is claiming that each dog needs its own AHC, but the government website says you can have up to 5 animals on a certificate. The RVCS website is a little ambiguous in stating that you can only have AHCs for up to five dogs but isn't clear if they each need their own cert.

Has anyone had any experience of getting an AHC for multiple dogs? Our vets practice is claiming that each dog needs its own AHC, but the government website says you can have up to 5 animals on a certificate. The RVCS website is a little ambiguous in stating that you can only have AHCs for up to five dogs but isn't clear if they each need their own cert.
5 dogs can go on one AHC. If you are going through the tunnel maybe consider Abbeywell vets in Folkestone
www.animalhealthcertificate.online as first dog £99 and subsequent dogs £30. They also have a good FAQs section.

Has anyone recently had experience going into and returning from Ireland from the UK heading to southern Ireland soon wae ma dug.

Hello everyone.
Has anyone travelled via eurotunnel recently with their dog ?
We got a French EU pet passport from our french vets last year ( August 21). They took the details and I am sure they registered our dog at our second home address in france with I Cad before issuing a new EU passport ( including a new rabies booster at the same time ). We travelled back to the UK in September on the new EU passport but had not received any I cad paperwork or ID card at that stage ( presumably this will have been sent to our French address ? ).
My question is do the pet reception centres at the crossings from UK to France and return check or require proof of registration with I cad at the point of crossing ? ( I hope this all makes sense ! )
Any advice or recent experience would be appreciated.
Thankyou.

Has anyone recently had experience going into and returning from Ireland from the UK heading to southern Ireland soon wae ma dug.

Yes. Last August. As well as AHC, the pet needs to be wormed by a vet. And you need to notify the authorities which ferry you'll arrive on. They will check the docs as you come off the boat. You'll find the web info if you Google it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back