Pets

Jeanette

For anyone that has a pet but only two travelling seats where does your pet sit/lie,safely in the car our pup sits on the back seat harnessed in safely? Thanks in advance

I doubt if there are all that many people who have designed and built their motorhome around the mindset of the maximum day living accommodation and travelling space for their beloved four legged friends of which we have 3.

When travelling our 2 larger Springers travel lying on the floor immediately behind the cab seats, both wearing harnesses with these being attached to tie down points that were once used for holding cargo in the vans commercial days. Our 3rd special case 'Bonnie' also wears a harness and lies in a bed in the cab area underneath my most beloveds legs, with harness being attached to a tie down point in the cab.

They are all exceptionally good travellers and we find that as long as they have been well exercised and with bladders drained off before we set off, then we normally don't have to make any special stops for them.

Our little dog sat happily on her cushion in her harness, fastened between our cab seats.

She was happy there, helped by the familiar smell of her cushion.

Not the law here Trev or in Europe, it requires a dog to be secure in the car but that can be a harness fastened to the seatbelt

For a minute Terry thought I had missed them bringing that in,but she is secure on the back seat of the car but I’m not sure how to secure her in the van,to be honest she has a harness but we only have two seat belts and no other seatbelt points!

Last time we went away with the cat, she just sat in the glass top of the hob :p

Of course, we actually thought she was still in the house until I looked back and saw her shortly after we had driven away, so a quick reverse and de-embarkation occured :D

Pets should be carried in the fridge as a supplementary food source. A Korean bbq is always a good way of solving the problem-----------------------------------------Oh dear, I've done it again---oops

Our little dog sat happily on her cushion in her harness, fastened between our cab seats.

She was happy there, helped by the familiar smell of her cushion.

If you only have two seats how did you fasten the harness sorry if I’ve missed it!

I think you have a cairn or westie. We had a westie and she weighed very little. We put her in a harness which connected to the bottom of both of our seat belt fastenings.

We are slim, she was light, and the combined weight was less stress than "generous" proportioned folk who could have been otherwise sitting there.

She was a good dog and didn't fuss whilst we travelled, and we made sure the van's air vent circulation was always comfortable for her.

The only concern that others might have is that even small, she and her cushion would act as a barrier to the habitation area from the cab area. It wasn't a problem for us, as whenever the engine was turned off, we took her outside for a wee stop.

Yes we have a westie she’s always been a good traveler so we’ll have to see what we can do but I think it’ll be the same as you HurricaneSmith and put her between the seats on here cushion, as long as she’s comfortable she just sleep!.

37B8A0C8-B3BF-459A-8895-2FB34734E4BA.jpeg

She looks very much like ours now Jeanette :)

Does yours tap things with her nose?

Yes all the time she just found out if she sits on the stool she can just about look out of the window! What she is wearing is a vest as she had been to the vets for an operation, plus Neil she’s forever picking stones up well anything really!..haha ;) she needs a haircut but couldn’t get her done Neil does your dogs or did your dogs nibble you? She does it all the time and we’re trying to stop her

We have a sofa under the window and LouLou will sit in the back of that, as soon as she hears anything she has a look out and a bark. Our previous Westie Jake use to almost live in the window and we could never have anything on the sill. If Lou thinkssomething shoukdnt be there she taps it out the way with her nose. We have two wooden ducks in the hearth and she is always knocking them over but watches for our reaction as she does it. They are so entertaining as a breeding think :)

We have a sofa under the window and LouLou will sit in the back of that, as soon as she hears anything she has a look out and a bark. Our previous Westie Jake use to almost live in the window and we could never have anything on the sill. If Lou thinkssomething shoukdnt be there she taps it out the way with her nose. We have two wooden ducks in the hearth and she is always knocking them over but watches for our reaction as she does it. They are so entertaining as a breeding think :)

Ours has a funny personality she’s exactly the same I have a photo and a vase of flowers on and you catch her nibbling the leaves,and she loves to be outside,she loved the snow!

Please let us know how you get on.

For myself, it'll bring back memories of happy travels with our little Meg.

I will be happy to let you know how we get on when we go away in the van HurricaneSmith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back