Peugeot Boxer Elddis motorhome change oil warning

Trek

Free Member

Mates just gone away for weekend in his 2018 motorhome thats got 1850 miles on the clock that he picked up new probably about may 2018

He says that a change oil warning has appeared on the dash

I am assuming this is because of the annual oil service that Boxers need and the anniversary date wasn’t set at the PDI if it had one

Also found simple reset instructions on line by pressing and holding down brake and accelerator peddle then turning on ignition until warning appears then turning off ignition

Anyone else had this ?

As I understand the boxer has 20 000 mi!es 2 year service interval under normal driving conditions .my advice is contact the main dealer .as it is a new van and is under warranty..

Last edited:
Euro 6 models have two counters, the Service Interval and the Oil Change. They should both have been set at the relavent interval when new.
The service interval simply subtracts the mileage covered from the mileage set. The oil change counter is similar but uses a logarithm which reduces the mileage in line with predetermined driving conditions.
I had my oil and filter changed by a Fiat Professional garage who failed to reset the oil change counter. There is a story in this months MMM about an owner who had the oil change alarm come on despite regular oil changes. He was told by the garage that there was an oil degradation sensor that must be faulty and it was impossible to change with the engine in situ. A load of rubbish of course as there is no such thing, merely the mileage counter and logarithm within the ECU which requires resetting after each oil/filter change.

You can easily check the status of the two counters on the Fiat Ducato, I presume the Boxer is the same.
With ignition ON press the mode button on the panel by the steering wheel and select MENU. Step round and select SERVICE . The mileage to service will be displayed, press again and mileage to oil change will be displayed.
It is shown a 5.33 on the link

Last edited:
Ok all sorted

Mileage to service 27,000 odd miles

Mileage to oil change 0

Did the reset all ok now

Found a date on shock absorbers
Dec 2017. So assuming all bits made just in time i can guess chassis made jan or feb 2018

Which accounts for why the warning started 12 months later

Thank you all

Ok all sorted

Mileage to service 27,000 odd miles

Mileage to oil change 0

Did the reset all ok now

Found a date on shock absorbers
Dec 2017. So assuming all bits made just in time i can guess chassis made jan or feb 2018

Which accounts for why the warning started 12 months later

Thank you all

The Fiat Ducato 2.3 euro 6 has no time limit set in the oil change counter, it is purely on a mileage / use basis. There is no requirement for annual oil/filter changes. The handbook says:
"The actual interval for changing the oil and replacing the engine oil filter depends on the car usage conditions and is signalled by the warning light or message (if present) on the instrument panel and must never exceed 2 years".
As an example If the warning light came on at say 15 months and the oil and filter was replaced it would not require doing at the 24 month / 30,000 mile service but at 39 months unless signalled earlier.

Mine is an earlier X250 and I forgot to get the service counter reset when we did the last service i.e. me and my tame mechanic. A short while later the dash showed the spanner sign indicating it was in need of a service. Fortunately there is an automatic reset buit in if you ignore the light, it goes off in 1000km or so.

Read and liked the original post on Friday, left for the weekend in Elie and low and behold my light came on. I too have a 4 month old Eldiss with the 2.0 boxer cab. Thankfully I remembered the way it was described on here to remedy. Another great help from this site.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back