Pots n pans

Carrotts

Hi all. How do you store , pack your saucepans etc. To stop the rattles and noises. Thanks to all

We pack teatowels between items that are likely to rattle together. Exception is the crate of less-frequently-used saucepans etc., which live in the rear lounge under-seat locker and don't rattle enough to be heard over all the other noises the van makes when on the road!

Hi all. How do you store , pack your saucepans etc. To stop the rattles and noises. Thanks to all
I just put a square of kitchen roll between each plate pot pans and lids simple.

Got some plastic/ rubber mesh from Poundland, attractive shade of blue, cost about a pound. Works a treat

We have a stack of pans with detachable handles. Squares of the non-slip mesh between each layer - more to protect them rather than to stop noise. The set is kept in home made fleece bags as are woks, crepe pans and skillets; again to protect them rather than to stop the noise. Ours is a small van so when packed there is little room for things to move enough to rattle.

Crockery is different. We stack them with paper plates between each layer. With bowls the paper plates have pleats cut in them to allow for their shape.

Pans fold into each other ,paper or plastic plates,plastic camping mugs go in holder left above kitchen units as picky.kitchen side.jpg

Tea towels every time, which also means there’s always a tea towel to hand just when you need one.

Also try charity shops for them and beach towels, it’s amazing what people send off to the shops, and they cost pennies - when youve got dogs you can’t have too many towels in the MH , and who cares what colour they are!

We have tefal ingenio stacking saucepans with detachable handle and we still use the corrugated card they came in. Plates & mugs are in a plate rack so don't move.

Last edited:
Picture of the shelves and partitions before they were put into a cupboard. The discs with the foam tops are where we put the inverted mugs.
Hi Cronkite. Can you tell me where you bought your drainer cover from (black/white)? I’ve searched high and lo to no avail would appreciate your reply

Hi Cronkite. Can you tell me where you bought your drainer cover from (black/white)? I’ve searched high and lo to no avail would appreciate your reply
I think we bought it from one of the accessory stands at one of the shows but is as posted by HurricaneSmith. It would have been either Newbury or Malvern. Bought in a one or two metre roll. The discs for the cup holders are capped with off-cuts.

Packed in a suitable sized plastic container so they can stand vertical with a couple of tea towels round each pan to stop rattles. Lids go in as well. Container goes in a floor locker near the hob.

after the boss saw linda and christine both had the tefal ingenio sets of pans in the van guess what was on our shopping list on the plus side i have a lovely aluminium segmented griddle that is very handy but being oblong with a handle i couldn’t fit it in drawer but after testing that the removable handle worked on it i removed the handle and ground of the old fitting and now stores easily

We got similar covers from Aldi. We use them as non slip mats on the shower floor /storage when travelling.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back