Proposed new storage area.

highlandron

Free Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of adding a shelf and boxing in a storage area above the cab in our van. I was considering 12mm ply or similar. It would be a great storage area for bedding etc. I can see the possibility of reduced headroom in the cab being an issue and in a short time could result in "that F&*"""n shelf"! I'd put that grey carpet stuff on and affix a nice beech door for access within the habitation area. I believe it's within my limited DIY skills though any glaring issues / general advice appreciated.

IMG_20190913_104805.jpg

Hi all, I'm thinking of adding a shelf and boxing in a storage area above the cab in our van. I was considering 12mm ply or similar. It would be a great storage area for bedding etc. I can see the possibility of reduced headroom in the cab being an issue and in a short time could result in "that F&*"""n shelf"! I'd put that grey carpet stuff on and affix a nice beech door for access within the habitation area. I believe it's within my limited DIY skills though any glaring issues / general advice appreciated.
img_20190913_104805-jpg.49632
FWIW, I want/wanted to do the same thing and saw an interested idea putting a 'soft shelf' up using cloth. I tried that and I kept knocking my head on it (pleased it was not a hard shelf!).

I guess you get used to it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back