Protecting shower base

rambrose

Hi, I'm in the process of replacing the shower tray and using some marine ply to go underneath.
There's a base with a frame to support the tray lip plus a panel to fill the tray recess.
Any suggestions on what to use to protect it? Gloss paint? Varnish? Something else?
Whatever I use I still need to be able to stick the infill panel to the tray and the base if that effects the choice.

Not sure if it needs protection in the way you suggest. Wee put down one of those foam interlocking panels to protect it from scuffs during day to day use, which we remove when showering.

More important to ensure it‘s properly supported. Ours developed a few hairline cracks which we got repaired using a Speedcoat firm.

Not sure if it needs protection in the way you suggest. Wee put down one of those foam interlocking panels to protect it from scuffs during day to day use, which we remove when showering.

More important to ensure it‘s properly supported. Ours developed a few hairline cracks which we got repaired using a Speedcoat firm.
Thanks for your input. I decided to gloss the wood . Just finished sealing it all in.20230315_161808.jpg
Now seeing how long the diesel heater takes to provide hot water.
It's a webasto unit with a 10/11ltr hot water tank

We have a Webasto Dual Top Evo 8, diesel plus electric element and mounted externally. It’s pretty quick at heating both water and habitation. And you can drive with it on. But Webasto seem to have stopped making this model.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back