Pump-king

landrovereditor

I have an Esso fuel card from the CAMC via Pump-King.
There was a delay in receiving cards because of the high demand. Eventually when I received mine I used it a couple of times but then always manage to find fuel cheaper that the weekly prices they emailed me. I stopped using it. To my surprise, when checking my bank account I see they had taken money out of my account and I hadn’t used the card.
When I contacted them they asked for proof of this transaction, so I sent a screen shot of the transaction.
They then asked for further proof, so I got the bank involved, they also sent proof.
The CAMC got involved but they just forwarded emails between us, not much use really.
Pump-King then told me they had refunded me and sent a screen shot of the refund. Nothing appeared in my account. Not surprising as although it was my name at the top the details, name, email, phone were for someone else.
Bit if a shocker when they have my confidential financial details mixed with someone else.
It’s still ongoing, they don’t answer emails, I can’t call them.
So if you have had a similar experience with Pump King I’d love to hear from you.

Im still awaiting my card but on reading this I might just bin it when it comes...
Thanks for the warning.
K ;)

I never did receive my card despite ordering it on the 7th November 2018 :mad:

The debit card i registered to the account has now expired so no worries on that score (y)

Just to add balance to the discussion... I have been using my pump king card for a few months now and seeing some good savings. It helps though that my local fuel station is Esso.

Quite pleased with it really. No supermarkets for fuel within a 30 mile or so radius so it makes the card quite competetive for me.

Will keep a close eye on my statements!

I too have been using our EssoCard since March when we toured Scotland (fuelled by Esso throughout), and we’ve seen savings of 50p to £2.50 on a large fill. On ordinary diesel. But at home in Norfolk the local Esso station is only a fraction of s penny more than their discount so I hope that means I’m winning?
Here in Germany I had a go filling at an Esso station a few days ago, and hadn’t a clue how I’d be charged. Oddly, the cashier put the card into the machine and my code worked, so that was different.
Autobahn prices were a steep €1.53/litre so it’s a lot more than the €1.29 we’ve seen since in small towns. Heading for Austria where it’s about €1.18 I’m advised. Best not to use EssoCard here tho, I guess.

It took a long time to receive my card but since it arrived it has worked fine and I save about 7p per litre compared to my local filling station.

I emailed Pump King to ask about using the card in Europe, and they replied saying if we use the card abroad we pay the pump price with the cost converted to sterling, so I think that would work out a very expensive option given the high currency exchange charges that would apply to my RBS debit card linked to the Pump King fuel card

My experience, took ages for the first card to arrive, never ever saw any text prices less than available at any local pump (Southampton), tried to ask something, they never replied, then they said they were reissuing cards, mine never arrived, then there was the hundreds of texts received in a day fiasco, I never used the card, my attached debit card expired, I gave up and unsubscribed !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back