To celebrate the
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
You are invited to a Cream Tea
on Friday 3rd June from 3pm.

Dress Code for the Day:
From 1950’s to 1980’s

Tea and scones with cream
will be available.

Please bring cake/cakes (prepacked) for sharing and deliver them to any of the Stewards on arrival at Hollingsworth

Feel free to bring your own
savouries and sandwiches.

It would be great if we could all decorate our vans with bunting, flags and lights

Last edited:
Last edited:
To celebrate the
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

Dress Code for the Day:
From 1950’s to 1980’s

will be available.

Please bring cake/cakes (prepacked) for sharing and deliver them to any of the Stewards on arrival at Hollingsworth

It would be great if we could all decorate our vans with bunting, flags and lights
Happy to bring cake, but not bunting and frolics, or any Spoonerism thereof. I do have a CU Jimmy hat and a Saltire and an Ecosse sticker on Brunhilde :giggle:

Steve

as long as you bring cake your welcome lol
i still have the bunting from the cancelled V E day celebrations and a couple of flags somewhere ,

as long as you bring cake your welcome lol
i still have the bunting from the cancelled V E day celebrations and a couple of flags somewhere ,
Elaine and I are not big on bunting, flag waving etc, Ken. We tend to clear off somewhere quiet to get away from it, so we may have misjudged this Rally! :D

Might try to get an Irish Brack made for the Rally. Very rich, quite heavy, but not bad for the diet, because it passes through the system at some speed ... Might need a 2nd cassette on standby, stood in a bucket of ice ...

Steve

Elaine and I are not big on bunting, flag waving etc, Ken. We tend to clear off somewhere quiet to get away from it, so we may have misjudged this Rally! :D

Might try to get an Irish Brack made for the Rally. Very rich, quite heavy, but not bad for the diet, because it passes through the system at some speed ... Might need a 2nd cassette on standby, stood in a bucket of ice ...

Steve
There is no pressure for you to join in the celebrations, when you arrive just let us know, and the field is large enough for you to be parked in a quiet section

Ooo a dressing up dilemna. I will try to be there. I have managed to lose my diary so I'm struggling a bit with future dates etc.

looked at some of the ‘fancy dress costumes ‘ having lived through all those decades i don’t recognise the clothing that they use to portray the eras , kipper ties wide lapels platform shoes yes but not in those colours & combinations

I’m sure you will have something suitable in the back of the Wardrobe Ken. 😂😂

looked at some of the ‘fancy dress costumes ‘ having lived through all those decades i don’t recognise the clothing that they use to portray the eras , kipper ties wide lapels platform shoes yes but not in those colours & combinations
'Kipper tie?'
'Arr, plase, milk and 2 sugars, ma wench', as we with Black Country roots might reply ... ☺️

Steve

E77733D4-8C7D-4944-A677-8A69CA8AE193.jpegWe’re not big at dressing up either, but most of my clothes are probably from the sixties anyway, trouble is, over the last twenty years they appear to have shrunk and not fit any more!
Managed to get hold of some bunting on eBay, should be delivered by the time we get home from our foreign gadabout, fingers crossed.
Last year I Sikoflexed a plastic C rail onto the side of the van, to accommodate the awning.
Hollingworth will be the first opportunity we have had to see if it’s up to the job 🤞

Wed - Bar opens at 19.00pm, Icebreaker night for chats and catch ups
Thurs - Bar opens at 19.00pm, Quiz night 20.00pm
Friday - Bar opens at 15.00pm, come and celebrate the queen's platinum jubilee with us
Saturday - Bar opens at 15.00pm, Disco music from 20.30pm
Sunday - Bar opens at 19.00pm

Last edited:
That’s a great list!
Plans are well underway for the cream tea …
Just hoping for sunny weather!

That’s a great list!
Plans are well underway for the cream tea …
Just hoping for sunny weather!
No worries with the weather Linda, I have managed to secure the clubhouse and the kitchen from 15.00pm also the bar will be open, and we have also got access to the new patio area just in front of where we are all parked. Happy days

To celebrate the
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

Dress Code for the Day:
From 1950’s to 1980’s

will be available.

I had my hair Permed in the 80's...might struggle to replicate that now and the 30" waist skinny jeans may also be a little too snug but lights, bunting and flags I can do

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back