Question for Trek

The timer was another optional extra so not surprised you don’t have it

Pages 131 to 140 are the relevant pages

Downloaded the manual now thank you :)

according to that I have everything in place so it should work with engine off/ignition off. Will have to start tracing cables and see if something has been trapped or damaged.

strange that I also have a rear window demister switch fitted lol

It isn’t a rear window de mister switch, I have two of the auxiliary heater switches fitted, one upside down.

been playing around and if I turn the key to position 2 and turn on BOTH of the aux switches then the heater fired up. If I have engine running then I only need the aux switch fitted the correct way up turned on.

it has obviously been altered to have two switches. What are the consequences of leaving the key turned to position 2?

942EB26A-C747-45C2-8CC9-2D147EEA1C76.jpeg

Good news and without having to do anything !

So is its working in both modes , booster when engine running handy when its really cold outside
and
with engine off ignition off as a an engine pre warmer handy again for deepest winter , warm up cab and engine before you set off

You think it is okay to leave ignition at position 2 with engine off though Trek?

Its more for heating hot water I want it :)

Can’t say i know the answer to your question

When key is in position 2 are all the lights lit on dash , ( glow plugs heaters energised etc ? Glow plug light glowing then goes out)

I suppose extra drain on engine battery as everything is on plus a security issue as key left in ignition

Seams odd your set up especially with the two switches, worth taking a look behind the switches and try to draw a wiring diagram to understand it

Maybe the second switch is a previous owners modification and has been tapped in to a supply that is only live when ignition key turned

Perhaps you could change this to a feed direct from battery via fuse

You will need to trace all the wires on these two switches to understand connecttions

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back