Quick visit to Euroland - current rules? (covid/brexit)

ActiveCampers

Blimey its been a while and I've got an itch that isn't clearing. Nothing the doctor can do. Been so long I feel like a newbie again!!!

Just checking with the current ruleset?
Just thinking we can squeeze 10 days in over eastern France/west Germany

Have I missed anything (or misunderstood) something?

Not going to ask how much wine we can bring back - I'd rather not know and be genuinely surprised!

I had an email from AIB insurance saying the EU were to scrap the green card scheme this November but I have not had another update so worth checking with your insurance company.

Everything else you seem to have nailed as far as I understand the rules.

Is there a need for a local covid app?

Any top tips welcome too for anywhere eastern France to western Germany, goof for bike riding, quiet village/town aires, good xmas markets etc.

Aha!
French & German emissions stickers..... Who knows if needed, but just in case

Is there a need for a local covid app?

Any top tips welcome too for anywhere eastern France to western Germany, goof for bike riding, quiet village/town aires, good xmas markets etc.
NHS app (NOT the Covid app) with proof of vaccinations should work fine for France; don't know about Germany.

NHS app (NOT the Covid app) with proof of vaccinations should work fine for France; don't know about Germany.
Thanks, have both UK apps - wondering if there were any local "check in" type apps.

You can tell this is a well planned idea can't you :D Rather than say-it, google-it, book-it within a few hours. :D

There's a French App: TousAntiCovid into which you can scan your Vacc status. You'll need it to go to venues like Shopping Malls Green card no longer required. You can get the French Emission sticker online. Make sure you go to the official French Gov site. It's only about €4.

My insurance told me that the green card was now not a requirement, so no probs there.

You will need masks. I think they are much cheaper in France. We bought a pack of 5 from Morrisons a few weeks ago for £3.99. Back home in France, a box of 50 is €3.99.
They are mandatory in many places like shops and restaurants/bars and some towns also insist you wear them when outdoors.
Enjoy your trip.

Just returned from France. The TousCovid app is well worth loading, we were asked for it in every cafe and even tourist offices. Mask wearing where we were was universal, even outdoor markets and some outdoor pedestrianised areas had notices up. Compliance was almost 100%. Usual hand sanitisers at the entrance to shops and supermarkets and, again, where we were far less crowded. One lunchtime meal had a starter buffet, only two at a time to the buffet and those disposable plastic gloves which you had to wear on the hand you used for the serving spoons. No idea why the rate per thousand over there is so low compared to ours. It’s a mystery.

Thanks all.
Yep, bought the German and French "air pollution" stickers from the direct sites - easy not to but was aware :)
We have masks and happy to wear.
Will install TousCovid app - so this scans our NHS QR code? I'll have a play!

The UK is odd isn't it. We have too many experts and selfish people about. Whether you agree with everything or not; or even think it makes a difference or not; its no great hardship to comply. Always seems to be the same type of people - around here anyway. Hey ho.

Eurotunnel booked now so we don't need to mix with the great unwashed :D

Aha - its TousAntiCovid - I was wondering if the app was the anti-vaxx version! lol

But installed and works well - uploaded certs - thanks. :)

Last edited:
It is my understanding that from the end of October, the lateral flow test will be ok to use as proof. So no need for the more expensive PCR test.

It is my understanding that from the end of October, the lateral flow test will be ok to use as proof. So no need for the more expensive PCR test.
I saw that too, so about half the price. And guess we need to buy a test rather than the usual regular freebie ones. Holding off for now.

Just returned from France. The TousCovid app is well worth loading, we were asked for it in every cafe and even tourist offices. Mask wearing where we were was universal, even outdoor markets and some outdoor pedestrianised areas had notices up. Compliance was almost 100%. Usual hand sanitisers at the entrance to shops and supermarkets and, again, where we were far less crowded. One lunchtime meal had a starter buffet, only two at a time to the buffet and those disposable plastic gloves which you had to wear on the hand you used for the serving spoons. No idea why the rate per thousand over there is so low compared to ours. It’s a mystery.
Did you have any extra checks by customs on your way out or back or was it business as usual?

Going out from Plymouth the odd car or van was looked at, I was only asked if the gas was off. Coming back getting the passenger locator form completed with the receipt for day two tests was not exactly relaxing. Checking in at roscoff the PLF was beeped but one of the covid pass items on the iPhone wouldn’t scan. I was asked if I had paper proof and produced the small card with vaccination type and date on it and that was accepted. Returning to Plymouth immigration simply scanned the passports as it seems they send all the other documentation over from France. As for customs after getting the duty free up to the last fluid ounce it was shut! No one there! The trouble is you just never know.

Still PCR for Scotland and we still wear masks like much of Europe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back