Ramps recommendations for T5

MrSoapsud

Hi,
Thinking we need some levelling ramps for our T5. Had occasional requirements for them but not got round to buying any. Probably parking on a slope for a few days soon when we visit family so considering taking the plunge. Any recommendations for something at the lighter end of the scale (T5 is about 2.5t total I think?) which don't take up too much of the limited spare space we have?
Thanks in advance.
Martin

I think most ramps are similar in length, it’s just the height they raise the van that differs
I have a pair of Thule ramps. They fit their own bag. Each ramp is about 56cm long and raise the wheels about 12cm. Overall height is about 15cm and obviously the fit in the bag top to toe.
You can buy lightweight cheap ones, but they won’t last long if used frequently.

We bought some Milenco Triples because they are 'stepped' and the maximum rise is one of the highest on the market. Step heights are 4, 8 and 12 cm and the overall dimensions are 18cm high x 24.5cm wide x 61cm long. We already had some Fiamma ramps but the van tended to roll back off those and there is less tendency for the van to roll back off the Milencos. They are also fairly lightweight (5kg for the pair) and come in a velcro-closed bag. However, even though they are rated at 1,500 kg each (3,000 kg per axle), they partially collapsed under the front wheels of our van the first time we used them -- possibly because the radius of our tyres is larger than the radius of the 'steps' -- but they remain usable. That said, our front axle weight is about 3/4 the weight of your entire van and so I would hope you wouldn't have the same issue.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back