Re-stringing van blinds

RoaminRog

For those of you that haven’t yet had the pleasure of a broken blind, it’s a good idea to carry a good supply of 1mm waxed cord.
There are many ways to buy it, but to give you an idea as to cost, it’s readily available on EBay, and you can buy a 10m length for £1.74 including delivery.
1.5mm waxed cord is also available, but I feel it offers slightly too much resistance when sliding the blind open and closed.

Cheers rog Now I know where to get the cord. All I now need is to be told how to replace the cord. My sloping roof window over cab has broken one side Got a feeling it might be to fiddly for me though. Brian

Cheers rog Now I know where to get the cord. All I now need is to be told how to replace the cord. My sloping roof window over cab has broken one side Got a feeling it might be to fiddly for me though. Brian
Not overly difficult to do, you can generally follow the route of the good cord, and copy it to the broken side.
Very satisfying when you put it all back together.
My overcab window went two summers ago, and did that no problem. On the way back from Portugal last year the main sunroof in the lounge went. Because all the shops are closed, I resorted to eBay and was very satisfied with the speed of delivery.
Don’t be frightened to whip the covers off and undo the frame, if you can rest it on a table or similar, all will become clear when you follow the path of the unbroken cord.

Last edited:
Never used that stuff normally use my knicker elastic,plentry for a few vans to get done😡

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back