Recommendations please

I am getting confused, the Wet battery Alpha recommended a bad choice ?
You asked for recommendations. I recommend looking for an AGM battery, preferably one that weighs 300g per Ah. I don't sell batteries.

You asked Alpha Batteries and they recommended something else. They sell batteries. Perhaps they don't sell what I would choose, or perhaps they like selling batteries that don't last as long, or ones with a bigger markup.

I note that they list a Leoch Gel battery with a claimed 2000 cycle life. That's 95Ah and weighs 30KG: https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/12v-110ah-leoch-powabloc-tubular-gel-battery/ Six times the life for 50% more money. Although I don't specially like Gel, that looks like a good battery to me.

Perhaps it won't fit in the space you have available.

When you get advice, it is useful to consider what benefits the person giving the advice might be considering. I would not buy what they recommended, but that isn't to say it is a poor choice: just that I think there are better.

You asked for recommendations. I recommend looking for an AGM battery, preferably one that weighs 300g per Ah. I don't sell batteries.

You asked Alpha Batteries and they recommended something else. They sell batteries. Perhaps they don't sell what I would choose, or perhaps they like selling batteries that don't last as long, or ones with a bigger markup.

I note that they list a Leoch Gel battery with a claimed 2000 cycle life. That's 95Ah and weighs 30KG: https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/12v-110ah-leoch-powabloc-tubular-gel-battery/ Six times the life for 50% more money. Although I don't specially like Gel, that looks like a good battery to me.

Perhaps it won't fit in the space you have available.

When you get advice, it is useful to consider what benefits the person giving the advice might be considering. I would not buy what they recommended, but that isn't to say it is a poor choice: just that I think there are better.
in H, been a lot of confusion on my part alone, after going through what I currently have to what I will later upgrade to, AGM deep cycle looked like the best option, but that would mean upgrading my current basic system.

For now, I just want to get the basic system up and running to the best I can with a good Quality Lesure battery that will work with my basic Split charge.

Never thought you did sell batteries was just linking what they had recommended to me,

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Gav

in H, been a lot of confusion on my part alone, after going through what I currently have to what I will later upgrade to, AGM deep cycle looked like the best option, but that would mean upgrading my current basic system.
Are you sure it would require an upgrade? My 21 year old motorhome has a (well hidden) switch that toggles between Gel and Wet battery charger settings. I'd have thought most newer ones do as well.
You might find that this particular battery is fine with the charger you have. There are published specifications: might be worth finding them.

Are you sure it would require an upgrade? My 21 year old motorhome has a (well hidden) switch that toggles between Gel and Wet battery charger settings. I'd have thought most newer ones do as well.
You might find that this particular battery is fine with the charger you have. There are published specifications: might be worth finding them.
Min is a Selfbuild van, Working on, so I don't have all them charger systems yet. so its a basic lead-acid i must go for

Min is a Selfbuild van, Working on, so I don't have all them charger systems yet. so its a basic lead-acid i must go for
A charger is hardly an expensive thing to add. I'd do that instead of buying the wrong battery.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back