Recommended Android tablet 12" or greater

Frogman

I'm looking for a tablet mostly for video watching, but versatile so my computer can stay at home. Not Apple! Full communications, so 5G SIM, WiFi and GPS. Screen quality is obviously important. I've looked at all the reviews and specifications, but I'd like to hear opinions from real users, please.

Bought a Lenovo Tab P12 about 3 months ago 8gb 256 GB very happy with it, great sound and for watching TV films on etc with a swan neck holder, saves on the battery drain of the avtex TV and only £262

I looked last year but too pricy, went with a Samsung 10 inch.

I'm looking for a tablet mostly for video watching, but versatile so my computer can stay at home. Not Apple! Full communications, so 5G SIM, WiFi and GPS. Screen quality is obviously important. I've looked at all the reviews and specifications, but I'd like to hear opinions from real users, please.
A 12" tablet is really into "computer" territory in terms of costs surely? I would consider looking at smaller laptops as well rather than deciding you must have an Android device. A laptop would also, IMO, be more versatile.
FWIW, in the Motorhome I carry my old HP 13" 'Split' Laptop .... Runs Windows and the screen is detachable so becomes a 13" Tablet. Very rarely use it like that, mind. The current HP Laptop is a 'Convertible 360' and the screen hinges all the way around and again becomes like a Tablet.

Just thoughts on what a "Tablet" could also be ... :)

The Lenovo P12 is actually 12.7" screen, so almost a 13" :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Thanks, but not quite true in terms of cost. My current list of possible tablets ranges from £280 down to £176, and it's hard to choose! A 2-in-1 computer looks to be at least double that, and many reviews mention less-than-sparkling screens.
I don't want yet another computer stored in a cupboard when Windows 10 is no longer supported. I already have to keep a Windows 7 job because drivers for my excellent film scanner are only available for that OS. Another advantage of a tablet seems to be direct charging from USB: no inverter, no power brick.
Screenshot_20240905-093153.png

Chrome oops do most things, I use mine forovies mostly but as it's a Google device it does my Gmail too and not expensive and charges via a USB c cable too.

However it's crap for android apps.

I use a Samsung A series tablet in the van. I do my finances on it with Google Sheets, occasionally use it for the web, but it's main use is to watch downloaded TV.
As everything links to a Google account I use it one of my secondary ones that is just for recipes, and therefore not linked to any important stuff in case it gets nicked.

Samsung S5e have good specs, great resolution and sound quality. 10.5" screen. We have 3 of them!

In theory, but a lot come up in phone format rather than full screen, they do have their own more dedicated apps, but to use it looks identical to my Dell Win 10 laptop.

Sorry, I was thinking Windows laptops. Can your Chromebook use Android apps?
There is no such thing as a windows l top, its a l top with windows installed, but you can install any linux distro for free which will be faster and more secure.l lite.jpg

Thanks for the reminder: you're quite right. In a previous life I was deeply into IT, coding (that we called programming) and for 3 or 4 operating systems, and all the rest. Remember bubble memory?
With 80 just around the corner I don't want to complicate matters. Might not have time to make the investment worthwhile ;)

Back