Recommended MOT Test Centres

Recommended MOT Test Centres

I thought it might be useful to start a list of recommended MOT test centres. If you post your recommendation in this thread and register a 'like' or 'thanks' it will alert me to the fact that we have new information and I'll update this first posting periodically so that the whole thread doesn't need to be searched. Please include the contact telephone number and full address including postcode in a single line (as shown below in the current listings) and county and I'll list alphabetically by county.

Aberdeenshire
Dinner Garage, Dinnet, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5JY.

Derbyshire
A Herring Ltd, Old Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 2RG, Telephone: 01246 234213

Hertfordshire
Drive Thru MOT Ltd., Unit 13, North Orbital Commercial Park, Napsbury Lane, St Albans, AL1 1XB. Telephone01727 789650

Kent
Derek Lynch Limited, Sycamore Farm, Old Romney, Romney Marsh, Kent. TN29 9SY Telephone 01797 364466

Lancashire
P&M Motors . Victoria street, Nelson, Lancs BB9 7HL. 01282 695461

Midlothian

Lothianbridge, Newtongrange, Dalkeith, Midlothian EH22 4TP

Somerset
Centurion Travel Ltd, West Road Garage, Midsomer Norton, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 2TP, Tel: 01761417392

Staffordshire
Adderley Green Garage 345 Anchor Rd, Adderley Green, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3 5BL Tel 01782 333000 or 312510

Sterlingshire
David Graham Vehicle Repairs, 64 Union Road, Camelon, Falkirk, Stirlingshire FK1 4PF, Tel 01324 621222

West Lothian
A.M. Philip Trucktech, Simpson Road, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 5NP, 01506 865000

Yorkshire
California M.O.T Ltd, Oxford Rd, Gomersal, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 4HQ, Tel: 01274 855466

Last edited:
A valuable service is provided by the majority of local councils in England and Wales. They have their own MOT/repair centres because they do their own vehicles but, it is a little known fact that they must also attend to members of the public who wish to have their vehicles MOT'd. As they are non profit making both the MOT and any necessary repairs they may undertake for you will be far cheaper than a private garage/dealership saving you potentially £100's. Check out your local council website or visit ukmot.com for a list. Happy days!!!

These are a commercial vehicle garage and can accommodate any size including American rv's
They fabricated and welded a new leaf spring clamp on the Winnebago as we waited for an extra £20
Also they allowed me into the Worksop so I could disconnect the batteries before it was welded as they weren't sure what was connected to what as we had a large split battery bank + chassis batteries.
Great service
A Herring Ltd
Old Road,
Chesterfield,
Derbyshire,
S40 2RG
Telephone:

01246 234213

Last edited by a moderator:
A coach company that can accommodate any size motorhome including American rv's CONTACT US

Centurion Travel LtdWest Road Garage
Midsomer Norton
Radstock
BA3 2TP

Last edited by a moderator:
Its written into legislation that they have to provide the service if they have a centre to do their own. They cant escape it. go to ukmot.com and check. If its not on the list, they haven't got one. If it is then they have to as I said.

teejay;n3071 said:
A valuable service is provided by the majority of local councils in England and Wales. They have their own MOT/repair centres because they do their own vehicles but, it is a little known fact that they must also attend to members of the public who wish to have their vehicles MOT'd. As they are non profit making both the MOT and any necessary repairs they may undertake for you will be far cheaper than a private garage/dealership saving you potentially £100's. Check out your local council website or visit ukmot.com for a list. Happy days!!!

Not sure about our local area, but as for saving £100’s P&M is only £40 to start with.

California M.O.T Ltd
Oxford Rd
Gomersal
Cleckheaton
West Yorkshire
BD19 4HQ

Tel: 01274 855466

Most private garages attract customers by advertising lower fees for an MOT test. I think currently the recommended fee for a motorhome is around £54 at a council tester. The BIG difference is, the council run one is totally impartial, is non profit making, has no incentive to make money by carrying out repairs and therefore any necessary repairs are much cheaper than some dubious garages who often charge inflated prices for repairs. Your choice.

Don't forget it is now illegal to drive a vehicle that has failed its MOT on the road even if the old MOT hasn't expired

*****;n3094 said:
Adderley Green Garage
345 Anchor Road
Adderley Green
Longton
Stoke-on-Trent
ST3 5BL

General Enquiries:
01782 333 000

01782 312 510

I forgot to say, the local main Fiat dealer also uses this garage, and they have a large bay!

Thanks Graham. Could you please resubmit this one with the details in one line please - else the thread is going to be awfully long! I've failed spectacularly to remove your 'returns'!

Colin (Smiley face, Smiley face, Smiley face)

*****;n3104 said:
Adderley Green Garage 345 Anchor Rd, Adderley Green, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3 5BL Tel 01782 333000 or 312510

That's great. Many thanks, Graham.

Colin (Smiley face, Smiley face, Smiley face)

David Graham Vehicle Repairs, 64 Union Road, Camelon, Falkirk, Stirlingshire FK1 4PF, Tel 01324 621222

David who owns the garage has his own motorhome and is a really nice guy to deal with.

A.M. Philip Trucktech, Simpson Road, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 5NP, 01506 865000
They test trucks and buses here, so they are able to fit even the biggest motorhomes

Derek Lynch Limited, Sycamore Farm, Old Romney, Romney Marsh, Kent. TN29 9SY Telephone 01797 364466

He also does any maintenance and servicing I need.

Bernie

Last edited:
Dinner Garage, Dinnet, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5JY.
This is one of the few garages that has a lift large enough to take a large 5t motorhome. I have used them for a few years now and have had no problems.

All included up to here. Many thanks to one and all.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

WildCamper;n3088 said:
California M.O.T Ltd
Oxford Rd
Gomersal
Cleckheaton
West Yorkshire
BD19 4HQ

Tel: 01274 855466

That's mine too. Probably have access problems for much over 7m though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back