reference about a Motorhome business in uk...advice

Luis

Free Member

Hello everyone

I am brand new here and I would like to know if anyone here can recommend this business as I am looking to buy a motorhome and google got me to him.

Thanks for having me,
Luis

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Having looked at the website, if I was looking to buy a motorhome, I would be very cautious as the prices seem to low, there's a large number of motorhome plus other vechiles and trailors and the testimonials seem to be from abroad.
If you decide to buy from the company do your homework first and don't send any money for deposits, go and see the vehicle first.
Best of luck with your search.

The business checks out at companies house. Founded 1991 and accounts filed accordingly.

The prices, if true, are exceptional.

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers

H

Looks like it may be a trade dealer to me, same sort of business I bought mine from but as Lee says go and visit

If you look up the address on Google Earth Streetview, it is just a block of apartments so the vehicles could be located anywhere. Also, they don't offer any warranty, just a PDI. Even on an old moho a decent dealer will give you 3 months, with a fresh MOT, engine service and habitation report, and on newer models 12 months. That's probably one reason the prices are low. If this is your first moho take your time to tour the traditional dealers, preferably with an experienced friend.
There are threads on here and the sister site wildcamping.co.uk which discuss good and bad dealers.

For a first motorhome and without any previous experience using one - take along a knowledgeable friend

there have been too many instances of newbies being sold a pup. Buy locally if at all possible to eliminate long distances driving backwards and forwards to get niggles and warranty work rectified - you will not get recompensed for your time and fuel.

above all else, when a salesman is telling you something - don’t believe a word, they all lie all they are interested in is making a sale.

I‘m very cynical I realise, but it’s best to go in with eyes wide open

The latest company accounts ref stock, do not seem to be anything like the financial value of the stock shown on their website today.
Maybe they had a poor year. Buyer beware.
Best buys IMHO are private, take a friend if your not mechanically minded.
Good luck

The latest company accounts ref stock, do not seem to be anything like the financial value of the stock shown on their website today.
Maybe they had a poor year. Buyer beware.
Best buys IMHO are private, take a friend if your not mechanically minded.
Good luck
Accounts are only a snapshot on a given day (the Balance Sheet date), and, ignoring any potential funny business, the vehicle stock should be shown at the lower of purchase cost, or net realisable value. I know one Dealer on another Forum says he needs a margin of £8,000 per M/home to remain profitable, so a stock of 30 vehicles would produce a difference of almost £1/4 million between cost and net realisable value

Steve

Looks iffy to me - those prices aren't just low, some are 50% or less of current market values. Most dealers are very short of vehicles at the moment, no way they can have all those for sale. If they have, where are they? Certainly not at the address given for the company on the website.

Looks iffy to me - those prices aren't just low, some are 50% or less of current market values. Most dealers are very short of vehicles at the moment, no way they can have all those for sale. If they have, where are they? Certainly not at the address given for the company on the website.
Have to agree with everything said here.....................too much stock and prices too low

Yeah, I agree with you all but wanted to see if anyone already knew about this guy.
Will definitely take a good friend with me whenever I am ready to purchase and will keep my eyes open to scammers....I am from Brazil we are full of these people there.
Thanks everyone

Reactions: Lee
Many of the vehicles appear to be left hand drive. Some are displayed at other dealers premises. They all appear to have been photographed at different locations. There are only 4 testimonials from 3 people and none from the UK. It looks like this is just an internet advertising front.

Having recently changed van through a dealer looking at those prices I'd say be very wary....
The Swift Kon-tiki 649 is about half the price of current market value....
At those prices and if genuine I'm surprised he has any stock to sell as trade dealers would be interested.
Take notice of all the above good information 👍

If you look up the address on Google Earth Streetview, it is just a block of apartments so the vehicles could be located anywhere. Also, they don't offer any warranty, just a PDI. Even on an old moho a decent dealer will give you 3 months, with a fresh MOT, engine service and habitation report, and on newer models 12 months. That's probably one reason the prices are low. If this is your first moho take your time to tour the traditional dealers, preferably with an experienced friend.
There are threads on here and the sister site wildcamping.co.uk which discuss good and bad dealers.
Under trading standards and law, 6 mths is the min of warranty on used goods, age does not come into it, however, goods can be sold as to trade and stated on any invoice given/excepted.

it is a scam no money in companies house, the 1st van i looked at was the swift kon tiki (far too cheap) the address on google earth a block of flats, common sence says if it looks wrong it probably is wrong, you know the awnser if not you would not have asked the question, i looked every where to buy a motorhome and this company never once came up in my search

These things aren’t always a scam, everyone was shouting that about a motorhome Charlie bought as price was very low. Turned out they weren’t bothered about the money and needed it gone as they already had another and Charlie got a Moho at least a third under cheapest on the market like it.

Of course it always could be a scam but anyone sensible is going to check things out before handing over any money. I got my van at least 20% under market value at the time by going through a trade dealer, I didn’t care about long warranty as half the dealers don’t honour them anyway, always relied on my own judgement although if you have someone with relevant experience it’s a no brainier to take them along.

It may be this company is an agent so doesn’t need premises? It may be he is selling damaged repaired stock? If there is something you like go and have a look and see, ask all the questions and if anything dodgy walk away.

Edit: don’t forget anything bought under the vehicles section of ebay is not covered by any money back guarantees like other sections either. Buying and selling vehicles can always be dodgy deals

So the frankia i800 is a red bmw, but the hymer is correct...
Not sure but might inquire about the hymer myself.
All look to be well under trade prices , even for lhd
The address I checked was a office block opposite a land rover dealership....

Swift Sundance mileage at mot was 2500 more than on listing? Wonder whether these people are agents for private sellers.

I’d be very wary there’s a chance of a dealer having one or two cheap vans but every single van caravan and trailer they have are far far too cheap by a good 50% dose no make sense the way MH prices have been the last couple of years. Lots of dealers can’t even get stock but they have loads at nock down prices.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back