Removing a Gas grill

Trotter

I’m taking out the useless gas grill from my Adria Twin., and replacing it with a microwave oven.
Obviously I’ll turn off the gas tap. But I reckon it will need to be capped off. Any idea what size I’d need to buy?

Just bend the pipe over squeeze it with a pair of pliers and a bit of gaffer tape 😀
Seriously thou the gas oven in my Globecar is 6 mm I’ve just moved the pipe to allow more room in the locker under the oven so replaced a section of pipe, I collared a British Gas engineer and gave him a tenner for the pipe and fittings , have a look down your road there might be one doing a job

Just leave it open, perhaps squeeze the end so it's flattish and then if you need to toast anything all you need is a match a pair of thick gloves and eye protection, voilà toated bread with toasted Trotter. 🔥 📛 👩‍🚒 🤣😅

When I capped off my fridge pipe, I found B&Q has just the right size (8mm in my case IIRC). Just mentioning this as B&Qs are usually a lot easier to find than gas pipe fitters or suppliers. (think the cap cost a quid?)

8 mm copper fittings are able to be bought in just about any plumbers shop or large store that carries plumbing fittings.
Or toolstation

IMG_0614.png

Just leave it open, perhaps squeeze the end so it's flattish and then if you need to toast anything all you need is a match a pair of thick gloves and eye protection, voilà toated bread with toasted Trotter. 🔥 📛 👩‍🚒 🤣😅
I like the thought Lee but what planet are you on 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

You could always come & see me when I’m back del got quite a few 8 m fittings & pipe I could always make a proper capped off pipe or in my case I took the tee piece out & replaced with a coupler

Back