Removing refillable gas bottles from Van GASIT , Help Please

• Thread starter Deleted member 144
  • Start date

Deleted member 144

I am planning removal of my GASIT refillable system from our van, complete, except the filler point, my bottles are full, and I assume there is liquid gas in all the hoses [ Fill Side ] ? up to the shut off valves in the bottles, how do I safely remove the system in this state, do I just bleed the hoses at the fill point to atmosphere by pressing the valve thus emptying the hoses of liquid gas, do the valves in the bottles prevent the gas in them escaping this on the fill side, I know that shutting the FEED valves to the van will prevent escape of gas on the take off side , it is the Filling side that puzzles me, I did install the system myself and am happy to remove it as well but need it to be done safely of course.
We are planning to sell our van but due to its age I feel that it wont be worth any more or less with or without the refillables fitted , and I will refit them to our next van whatever that is at the time .
Is there a plug ?? available to plug the hole in the vans skirt if I remove the filler connection too ?

I am planning removal of my GASIT refillable system from our van, complete, except the filler point, my bottles are full, and I assume there is liquid gas in all the hoses [ Fill Side ] ? up to the shut off valves in the bottles, how do I safely remove the system in this state, do I just bleed the hoses at the fill point to atmosphere by pressing the valve thus emptying the hoses of liquid gas, do the valves in the bottles prevent the gas in them escaping this on the fill side, I know that shutting the FEED valves to the van will prevent escape of gas on the take off side , it is the Filling side that puzzles me, I did install the system myself and am happy to remove it as well but need it to be done safely of course.
We are planning to sell our van but due to its age I feel that it wont be worth any more or less with or without the refillables fitted , and I will refit them to our next van whatever that is at the time .
Is there a plug ?? available to plug the hole in the vans skirt if I remove the filler connection too ?
In reverse order ....
I recall seeing a blanking plug available for when a filler connection is removed on a Gasflow System, probably same available (or maybe same will fit?) on a Gasit?
I bought a couple of refillable bottles (one Gasit, one Gasflow) and they had gas in, so can be removed with gas in.

Close off the bottle valves then slowly undo the fill pipe nut from the connector on the bottle. Remember to do it outside and put your cigarette out!
You will get some gas escaping, but no more than you would when you remove the lpg nozzle when you fill up.

Close off the bottle valves then slowly undo the fill pipe nut from the connector on the bottle. Remember to do it outside and put your cigarette out!
You will get some gas escaping, but no more than you would when you remove the lpg nozzle when you fill up.
You don't get gas in the fill pipe as the fill fitting does not have a valve. The Spanish one does so you get a gas escape when you take the fitting off.

Perhaps this helps, but they are closed now, until 4th January.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back