Removing roof window

Tinwolf

I need to remove my motorhomes main roof window to replace the seal but I don`t know how.
The label says Para Press 5 V-X/B 43 R-001736, it only opens a short way so I can`t reach the fastenings I can see.

Does anyone have an idea?front opening.jpgfull.jpglabel.jpgrear attachment.jpg

It looks like a regular Domestic Seitz window with a strange (to me) lift mechanism.
Para press is just the maker of the plastic dome I think. We could do with more pictures of the lifting mechanism please. If the locknut in picture 1 can be undone (presumably on both sides of the dome) then it looks like the dome would lift off from there? Difficult to tell from that picture as it crops off the other end of the mechanism. Is there some kind of limiter preventing the dome from lifting higher? A bump-stop or latch perhaps?
K ;)

Not sure when reading your message, if you mean the full outside frame or just the plastic window, if it's the frame remove inside finishing frame fixings remove and there should be screws holding the outside frame, looking at a pic from van roof to window frame looks as if there is gaps, it should be non setting you can buy it on a tape, or buy a tube of it, but not everybody uses non setting, or is it the black seal, and if so is there not fixings on the two hinges on the outside, as previous message said more pics would help, and a reply,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back