Renewing Driving Licence at Age 70

I have read that Grant Shapps is looking into allowing motorist to drive vehicles over 3.5 ton to help with the shortage of lorry drivers. I've not seen any mention of age. The article said the uk can do this as we are no longer controlled by the EU.

Please read the Internet on this subject (and don't correct me) for more facts.

I have read that Grant Shapps is looking into allowing motorist to drive vehicles over 3.5 ton to help with the shortage of lorry drivers. I've not seen any mention of age. The article said the uk can do this as we are no longer controlled by the EU.

Please read the Internet on this subject (and don't correct me) for more facts.
Interesting. I have just looked at a couple of internet articles. I think the key part may be no mention of age. Adding our “grandfather rights” back onto other peoples ordinary licenses does not necessarily mean changing the license renewal rules at age 70. Indeed safety campaigners might suggest that it makes the dreaded D4 procedure even more important. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see the 3500kg limit raised for motorhomes but for now I fear it is business as usual for those of us over 70.

Hi Guys,
Do D4D also carry out the eye examination?
Yes, mine did. I occasionally wear glasses and took my eye test without them, they asked if I had glasses and asked me to try the test again. I put my glasses on and did the test again. They advised me to always wear my glasses when driving as I would have failed the eye test if I hadn’t had my glasses.

Yes, mine did. I occasionally wear glasses and took my eye test without them, they asked if I had glasses and asked me to try the test again. I put my glasses on and did the test again. They advised me to always wear my glasses when driving as I would have failed the eye test if I hadn’t had my glasses.
FOUND: 1 Pair of glasses

Underneath someone had scrawled: 'You'll have to write a bit bigger; I've lost my glasses' ... :)

Steve

I am applying for my C1E/D1E age 70 but these do not appear on the form D2. The only option is C1/D1
I need at least C1E as I tow a trailer over 750kg on a 5500kg motorhome. What can I do?

I am applying for my C1E/D1E age 70 but these do not appear on the form D2. The only option is C1/D1
I need at least C1E as I tow a trailer over 750kg on a 5500kg motorhome. What can I do?
I think the C1E/D1E is covered automatically. My new license turned up with both but a caveat of =>8250KG for C1E.

I think the C1E/D1E is covered automatically. My new license turned up with both but a caveat of =>8250KG for C1E.
That would be brilliant. It's just that nowhere on the form mentions C1E ! I am now awaiting its return amongst all the strikes.

That would be brilliant. It's just that nowhere on the form mentions C1E ! I am now awaiting its return amongst all the strikes.
You can check online to see if it has been processed yet, no need to wait for the post. It will have the new dates and categories if it has been processed and the old ones if it has’t.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back