replacment ABS pump for the brake system on his 2005 Ducato 2.5JTD wanted

Trek

Free Member

replacment ABS pump for the brake system on his 2005 Ducato 2.5JTD wanted

Hi All

would anyone know where we could obtain an ABS pump for the brake system on a 2005 Ducato 2.5JTD (for a lovely Dethleffs motorhome)

the original has failed (Warning lights on dash) and had been sent off to a remanufacturing company who say it is not repairable due to corrosion

New would be lovely but as FIAT dont seem to have any available and they are not manufactured anymore my friend is stuck so even a second hand one could be considered

thanks

Trek

Can't help but my guess would be that it is not a Fiat part and with some research an alternative supplier may be available ?
People seem to forget when spending big money on a motorhome that is over 10 years old that many manufacturers will no longer make the parts .
The sad truth is that it's a commercial vehicle basically and the chassis is worth absolutely nothing in the real world but stick on a motorhome body and it's totally overvalued !

Yes i agree to all your points but this much loved camper has been owned from new and the Dethleffs side is in outstanding condition and there has never been a need to change it

camper in a commercial garage at the moment in bits and the garage is trying to locate a replacement

i have suggested my friend get the part number from them as we could look for the part in case the garage cant find one

Looks like a few for sale on eBay and a company with a google search that says that they will rebuild them so maybe buy a secondhand one and have it rebuilt?

Yes waiting to get the part number confirmed

It looks like it could be a Bosch unit and i guess would have been fitted to Peugeot and Citroen vans as well as Fiat ducatos

Dont know yet if the units differ with chassis eg Ducato 10,12, 14 maxi etc

But need to be 100% sure of part number before hand

Any second hand part will be a gamble as his own original unit is beyond repair due to corrosion according to the remanufacturer and that is on a camper thats done say 60k miles

Have you had any luck sourcing a Pump ?

Did you get the part number ?

Well not yet but there has been some progress

They were supposed to be joining us in the Cotswolds this weekend but replacement part not arrived yet

camper was drivable albeit with a dash ABS warning light until the garage removed the failed pump to get it refurbished after they failed to find a new one

from what i can gather BBA-Reman were sent the original pump but they advised it was beyond repair due to corrosion

i seem to think that BBA-Reman are sourcing a used replacement from Europe checking and refurbishing that copying software from original pump ECU over to newly obtained unit

then it will be sent to garage to be fitted

so mates camper been off the road for maybe 6 weeks

Could try giving Coastal Motorhomes a ring but strangely neither they nor Fiat on wiki seem to think the 2.5 jtd exists

Could I suggest you have a word with -

ECUTESTING

Delves Road

Heanor

Derbyshire

DE75 7SJ

Tel – 01773 535638

I've had a problem with my ABS Pump/Module, which they have sorted out today, and they test, repair and EXCHANGE – they may have your Ducato part in stock or may know where to get one.

Might be worth a try.

Attachments

• photo970.jpg
    photo970.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Aah! Have I made a typo Made be its a 2.8 .

but it sounds as though issue in hand and just a matter of time before camper back on the road

Quick update: My friends camper is still off the road while garage is still trying to source a replacement ABS pump they are hoping to have news next week

Another pump arrived and garage went to fit it but there was damage to a thread so its getting returned

so the saga continues

My friend finally got his camper back today local comercial truck garage eventually managed to get a suitable refurbished abs pump

phew!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back