Returning to Blighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote removed
Unfortunately, we have to return because we are UK citizens and residents and have nowhere else to go at the moment! :) Your experience of border control seems unfortunate but others who have returned before us this year have reported back that they have got through with very few problems. As for white Caucasians being treated like immigrants, well I have no experience of that but it might wake a few people up to the appalling way some immigrants are treated.

Unfortunately, we have to return because we are UK citizens and residents and have nowhere else to go at the moment! :) Your experience of border control seems unfortunate but others who have returned before us this year have reported back that they have got through with very few problems. As for white Caucasians being treated like immigrants, well I have no experience of that but it might wake a few people up to the appalling way some immigrants are treated.
I would check the UK.gov website as we came back last week and only the Antigen test was needed, PCR is needed to get into France.

I would check the UK.gov website as we came back last week and only the Antigen test was needed, PCR is needed to get into France.

Thanks - that has been the case for some time but it also says that it up to you to determine whether the test is "suitable" I am not a chemist, so I feel happier about taking the PCR test (which is 100% acceptable) rather than have to try to work out whether the Antigen test passes the UK requirements. Virtually everybody we know who has travelled north or is about to has taken the same decision.

Quote removed

I'd almost forgotten about that. She did reply - that she had passed it to the Home Office and they may take several weeks to deal with it! I also had a second e-mail from her saying that the Home Office had passed it on to some other Department that I can't recall. I fully expect another one, saying that it has been passed on again. Nobody is taking responsibility at all for decisions that are being made without sufficient thought.

Reports in various papers today that France and possibly other European countries may soon be added to the ”red list” meaning hotel quarantine and entry through one of five airports. Link

Yet another scare story with little or no foundation. If you actually read the "reports" they are full of "could be", "might be" and "Ministers have discussed". Of course they have discussed. Not even this ramshackle government would go as far as refusing to discuss all eventualities. Reporting these days seems to consist of asking a leading question, getting a non-committal answer and drawing extreme conclusions.

The source for the reports was Lord Bethell, a health minister, speaking in the House yesterday.

The source for the reports was Lord Bethell, a health minister, speaking in the House yesterday.
And he used the word "might". He also referred to all European countries. Either he was out up to it so that Johnson had some ammunition in his dispute with the EU over vaccines or he went "wild" and will soon be dropped. Governments have always used junior ministers to make statements that something "might" happen in order to see the reaction. Matt Hancock has today denied it so we can assume that the reaction was not good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back