Ripped off by eBay seller.

Admin

Administator

As some of you may remember I had an issue with my motorhome and the 'diesel particulate filter' 'differential pressure sensor' had failed. These cost around £200 from Fiat but are much cheaper on eBay. I purchased on for £50 from:

Newpart Automotive
Andrew Gosling
11 Bryant Avenue
Romford
London
Essex
RM3 0AP
United Kingdom

They have a rating of 32285 on eBay so although the part is most likely fake it did come with a 1-year warranty so I thought it was worth a chance. The sensor failed after a couple of months and I contacted them to get it replaced, they asked for the old one to be returned for testing. I returned to sensor and they have told me that it is not the sensor that they sent out to me and they have secret laser printing on the items. I only have two sensors the one they have sent me and the original one fitted by Fiat. I sent them a photo of the one I still have (just in case) and they say that one is not their either. So they are not replacing it.

I did then have a look at their negative feedback

is not an original part

About as genuine as the BMW logo printed on the sticker

No a genuine VW part as shown in the photo

It was listed as new.This was untrue and the part was defective.Bad business .

AVOID ORDER BRAND NEW AND RECEIVE DAMAGED SECOND HAND

So I would avoid them https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/newpartautomotive

I am going to complain to eBay.

I have now purchased an original Fiat part.

Ebay themselves usually refund dodgy items....or force the seller to do so don't they ?? Maja

...actually, thinking back....my item simply never arrived....not sure where Phil stands....

I can remember you getting the van if it was new can't be much out of warranty

The warranty from the dealer ran out in September, the motorhome itself is over 5 years old now, I could not afford a new one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back