Road to Applecross

bungy1948

Hi, has anyone taken the high road to Applecross? What was the size of your motorhome? Was there any difficulties you encountered?

Many a time in my previous 6.5 metre motorhome and will be going down the pass to Kisshorn this Sunday in my new vehicle.
I will be heading to Applecross using the coast road from Shieldaig which I think is as much of a challenge due to the narrow roads and trees etc which prevents you seeing oncoming foreigners in their hire motorhomes and cars who sh-t a brick when they meet you lol .
Just this morning I was held up for 30 minutes just after leaving Port a Blaigh campsite which overlooks the summer isles.
A foreign tourist had reversed into the roadside ditch, 6 young men were attempting to push it out to no avail. Fortunately a local arrived in his 4x4 who managed to pull it out.

Many a time in my previous 6.5 metre motorhome and will be going down the pass to Kisshorn this Sunday in my new vehicle.
I will be heading to Applecross using the coast road from Shieldaig which I think is as much of a challenge due to the narrow roads and trees etc which prevents you seeing oncoming foreigners in their hire motorhomes and cars who sh-t a brick when they meet you lol .
Just this morning I was held up for 30 minutes just after leaving Port a Blaigh campsite which overlooks the summer isles.
A foreign tourist had reversed into the roadside ditch, 6 young men were attempting to push it out to no avail. Fortunately a local arrived in his 4x4 who managed to pull it out.

Nice to see you using the official technical term for that occurrence Steve :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back