Rouen?

RoaminRog

Can anyone tell me if there are any weight restrictions nowadays coming through Rouen.
I heard ages ago, that they were going to introduce them, but never heard any more about it.
I’m thinking A28 - D6015 Direction Ponte de l’Arche in particular, in 3800kg

My info which was asked about last year was that the restrictions will be in place until AFTER 30th June 2024. No idea if and when it will come in then?
As we are 3850Kg and Crit Air 4, when we went in 2023, we used a cross country route leaving the A28 at J12, going via Les Andelys which was perfectly good, and on our return we refined it using Pont-de-L'arche and Fleury-sur-Andelle back up to J12 A28.

I estimate it was somewhere around 15-20 mins longer than staying on the A28 and really quite pleasant countryside.
We will use it on our trip to Northern Spain in September.

Jeremy

Just to clarify my statement.... the restrictions will come in after 30th June 2024. Meaning that vehicles over 3500kg and CritAir 4 will not be permitted to drive through Rouen on the Autoroute

My info which was asked about last year was that the restrictions will be in place until AFTER 30th June 2024. No idea if and when it will come in then?
As we are 3850Kg and Crit Air 4, when we went in 2023, we used a cross country route leaving the A28 at J12, going via Les Andelys which was perfectly good, and on our return we refined it using Pont-de-L'arche and Fleury-sur-Andelle back up to J12 A28.

I estimate it was somewhere around 15-20 mins longer than staying on the A28 and really quite pleasant countryside.
We will use it on our trip to Northern Spain in September.

Jeremy
This route looks very interesting! Thanks so much, definitely going to give it a try!

Just to clarify my statement.... the restrictions will come in after 30th June 2024. Meaning that vehicles over 3500kg and CritAir 4 will not be permitted to drive through Rouen on the Autoroute
This is what I heard some time ago, I wasn’t sure IF or WHEN the restriction was coming in. Thanks for clearing that up👍

I don’t believe it will affect you if you’re under 3500kg
UNDER 3500kg or UP TO AND INCLUDING 3500kg? If the latter, then fine, BUT wording is critical. If 'under 3500kg', then using an extreme example, a Burstner M/home rated at 3850kg, but being driven empty on the way to have it's delaminated floor replaced, would be below 3500kg, until all the kit was reloaded .. :rolleyes: 👍

Steve

5000kg and we went through there last Sunday Rog. Roadworks but it was sill fluide.

I hope my sat nav will update if there are going to be weight restrictions imposed!

5000kg and we went through there last Sunday Rog. Roadworks but it was sill fluide.

I hope my sat nav will update if there are going to be weight restrictions imposed!
If the new weight limits are introduced, Graham, and you have a Camper 780 (IIRC), then it should automatically warn you, as long as you have the correct vehicle dimensions entered

Steve

The actual physical weight of your vehicle has no effect. It is the "PLATED" weight that is important. My Benimar is plated to 3850Kg, but we often well below that if we are not carrying my motorbike - probably even below 3500KG. However, I would still be done as being 3850Kg. Same as the tolls on the Autoroute.
Jeremy

If the new weight limits are introduced, Graham, and you have a Camper 780 (IIRC), then it should automatically warn you, as long as you have the correct vehicle dimensions entered

Steve
Its the 760 but I'll need to do an update probably.

The actual physical weight of your vehicle has no effect. It is the "PLATED" weight that is important. My Benimar is plated to 3850Kg, but we often well below that if we are not carrying my motorbike - probably even below 3500KG. However, I would still be done as being 3850Kg. Same as the tolls on the Autoroute.
Jeremy

Yes ours is plated at 5000kg.

Its the 760 but I'll need to do an update probably.
I did the latest map and utilities update a few days before we came away, Graham, and it was not without problems! Quite a few other customers seem to have had problems with the update falling over, needing numerous restarts. Mine took nearly 15 hours from start to finish, and ate 15Gb of my data allowance ... (n)

Steve

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ
Can anyone tell me if there are any weight restrictions nowadays coming through Rouen.
I heard ages ago, that they were going to introduce them, but never heard any more about it.
I’m thinking A28 - D6015 Direction Ponte de l’Arche in particular, in 3800kg
we have always used the D6015 for years ( to much traffic the other ways ) & NEVER had a problem heading for the N10 route south sometimes staying here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back