Round Status Airails any good ???

Kito

Round Status Airails any good ???

Just exchanged my van and this one is coming with the round Status aerial I asked the dealer about exchanging it for the flat directional type as thats what I have in old van and found them to be ok even in the highlands where I spend most of my time in the van My past experience of the round type is that they were a waste of time. But dealer said that the new round ones had improved a lot and that he had no one complaints about them. Any feed back on new round ones are they OK or are they still US. The problem I found with them was that as it was picking up a signal 360 you had ghosts as it was picking up more than one signal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 20 year old van has the round one with a 2 way signal booster that seems to work extremely well. When we were tuggers I managed to lose the status and ended up with a cheap small domestic type clamped to a pole that we would twist until we got a signal. Mind you when in Europe we don't bother, we even talk to each other !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the old status round type on my previous van, not very good with the old analogue system but improved a lot when full digital came in.

*****;n21293 said:
I would prefer a directional!

So would I but as I have not seen the van only pictures. And I live 500+ miles away I cant go and try it, to see how good the round one is And its another 1000+miles if I find out when I am in the highlands and its US.

Our round one seems to do a decent job, digital is normally fine through it.

I had the round on last van . Changed it from blue to orange logo ( Orange digital version ) when things changed.

Worked very well even in France. and you do not have to adjust it .

We got non on our new van as when we go away we do not watch broadcasts . Just our way ,not judging
Have got a small TV in case it is raining and we want to watch a DVD. Just comedy as we are only allowed to be happy when away.

But yes I found it was fine and hassle free when we did have one.

LT Man

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back