Rye Rugby Club New Rd, Rye TN31 7LS, UK
Thursday, July 25, 2024 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Any member booking a rally after 24th April 2024 are now required to provide a contact phone number and their vehicle registration. Please read this thread for more details.

The venue has a bar anticipating better opening hours this time! It's a short walk from Rye Centre about 1/2 mile, full of pubs, cafés, independent stores and a large family owned supermarket which is not open Sundays.

10am Friday Welcome for newbies, open to old and new members to make new people feel welcome! Outside the club bring your own coffee/tea I will supply cake/biscuits!

Here is a link with the history of Rye https://www.visit1066country.com/destinations/rye/history

There is a bus to Camber Sands, 3 miles away, bus stop a few minutes walk across the road from Rugby Club

Usual stuff:

Please state you arrival day and number of nights when booking

£11 per unit per night, you know the drill money in an envelope on arrival please with your forum name, reg number, no of nights and amount of money enclosed!

Water, elsan, general rubbish in a bag and recycling in a separate bin, marked, no bag. Another bin is for glass. Dogs must be on a lead, there are sheep in an adjacen field.

Gas BBQs only off the ground, no fires nor fire pits

STEWARD ON DUTY 10am-8pm, except Thurs 12-8pm, any arrivals outside of these hours please pm me to make arrangements
Hi, Just joined yesterday ... and our first rally! Could you include me for one night please on the 25th July. Looking forward to it. Thanks ...Esmond

Hi, Just joined yesterday ... and our first rally! Could you include me for one night please on the 25th July. Looking forward to it. Thanks ...Esmond
Look forward to meeting you. Hope you are able to stay for the coffee morning on the Friday so you can meet some of us
Sue

Any member booking a rally after 24th April 2024 are now required to provide a contact phone number and their vehicle registration. Please read this thread for more details.

The venue has a bar anticipating better opening hours this time! It's a short walk from Rye Centre about 1/2 mile, full of pubs, cafés, independent stores and a large family owned supermarket which is not open Sundays.

10am Friday Welcome for newbies, open to old and new members to make new people feel welcome! Outside the club bring your own coffee/tea I will supply cake/biscuits!

Here is a link with the history of Rye https://www.visit1066country.com/destinations/rye/history

There is a bus to Camber Sands, 3 miles away, bus stop a few minutes walk across the road from Rugby Club

Usual stuff:

£11 per unit per night, you know the drill money in an envelope on arrival please with your forum name, reg number, no of nights and amount of money enclosed!

Water, elsan, general rubbish in a bag and recycling in a separate bin, marked, no bag. Another bin is for glass. Dogs must be on a lead, there are sheep in an adjacen field.

STEWARD ON DUTY 10am-8pm, except Thurs 12-8pm, any arrivals outside of these hours please pm me to make arrangements
Im out of hospital and hope to get to this Rally but its very possible Im unable to attend due to my health.
I will just have to wait and see how Im feeling by the weekend as still not running on all cylinders
Kind Regards
Silverbeard.

Im out of hospital and hope to get to this Rally but its very possible Im unable to attend due to my health.
I will just have to wait and see how Im feeling by the weekend as still not running on all cylinders
Kind Regards
Silverbeard.
That would be amazing if you make it - but, don’t do anything silly and put yourself back
Sue

Usual stuff:

Hi Sue.
Sorry don't reckon I'm fit enough yet to get to this rally.
Shit happens.
Hope you all have a great time and enjoy Rye and the surrounding area.
Regards to all
Edd/Lynn aka Silverbeard

Does anyone that has been before know if we can launch a kayak from the area highlighted? I've also messaged the watersports centre but no reply yet.

Screenshot_20240725_205024_Maps.jpg

Hi Sue.
Sorry don't reckon I'm fit enough yet to get to this rally.
Shit happens.
Hope you all have a great time and enjoy Rye and the surrounding area.
Regards to all
Edd/Lynn aka Silverbeard
So sorry, but baby steps are the road to recovery. Take care. Thanks for letting us know
Sue & Martin

Any info. on rugby club opening times for the rally?
Thanks
Just literally had a message a few minutes ago, they can open tonight or Saturday night but not both (lack of staff) I was going to put it to the vote at the coffee morning - as you haven't arrived yet or anyone not coming to coffee please vote here by 11am

Does anyone that has been before know if we can launch a kayak from the area highlighted? I've also messaged the watersports centre but no reply yet.

View attachment 73749
Don't know anything about launching kayaks but I have found this:

Don't know anything about launching kayaks but I have found this:

Should be ok as long as you don't try to keep warm with portable system; because you cannot have your kayak and heat it .... Too warm for a coat, but I'll get it anyway ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

For the beer and cider lovers, I can thoroughly recommend The Rye Waterwork Micropub and for the Italian lovers, Simply Italian at the harbour end.
The Italian lover was boasting about his sexual exploits on his wedding night, claiming to have made love twice, and his wife had exclaimed at the conclusion that he had been magnifico

The French husband dismissed the Italian as inferior, claiming to have made love 3 times on his wedding night, his wife exclaiming that he was magnifique et merveilleux at the conclusion of the third interlude

The Yorkshireman rubbished both his rivals, claiming that he had made love only once on his wedding night; when the Frenchman and the Italian asked what the Yorkshireman's wife ha sai at the conclusion, he replied, 'She told me I could get off now if I wanted any breakfast ...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Would like to say a big thankyou to Sue and Martin for the warm welcome to the Rye rally.
We had a lovely couple of days - field great, weather perfect

Sue, Martin, Stewards, Thank you so much for organising a lovely time at Rye for us all. The weather was absolutely fantastic and we had a lovely time topped off with a surprise visit from the ice cream van on Monday afternoon !!

All the best and see you soon on our travels.
Gary and Jacqui

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back