Salzburg to Provence

Bruce h

Free Member

Just thought I’d post a request for any useful information regarding a forthcoming journey from Salzburg to Provence. I have been coerced into attending my nephews wedding in Salzburg which is tomorrow and on Sunday morning we are desperate to escape back to France. Does anybody have any idea of the toll and vignette cost to go through Lichtenstein and Italy. We have travelled across through France Belgium,Luxembourg and Germany avoiding all the tolls but it’s a very long drag to get back to France particularly the south.

Italy tolls not too bad.
You can avoid eurobruck bridge toll by using the old Brenner pass
Go over the mountains to France
Susa to Modane is easy and oce

Thanks for the response, I think we’ll just head Innsbruck to Milan and wear the tolls as a penalty for being sociable.

From Milan Mont Cenis (2 lane traffic and not to steep) is a good place to cross into France with plenty of overnight stops by the lake

Sort of bypassed that idea by heading further south into Italy and planning to follow the Cote d, azure. Tolls are far cheaper than I was lead to believe so having found a beautiful village with free Aire in Brentonico we might look around a bit more.

Well that went t**ts up, road closure sent us through the Frejus tunnel. Ouch, I had just said that the Italian tolls were pretty fair when we got hit for €62. Anyway back into familiar territory. Nice little Aire in St Jean de Maurienne. Free with a broken but functioning Flot bleu unit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back