Sat nav

Absolutely right, Molly 3.

I have the Aguri with built in dash cam but I can't recommend it. It's so, so slow to boot up and operate. When used on a daily basis, as we did recently on a trip to Orkney, this becomes very frustrating. I'll continue to use it until it breaks or I throw it out of the window.

Absolutely right, Molly 3.

I have the Aguri with built in dash cam but I can't recommend it. It's so, so slow to boot up and operate. When used on a daily basis, as we did recently on a trip to Orkney, this becomes very frustrating. I'll continue to use it until it breaks or I throw it out of the window.
That's what I have , agree being android tablet it is very slow .

Garmin Camper 780, subject to the caveat that the Programmers don't know their left from their right. 'Take the next right'; 5 seconds later, 'When possible, make a U Turn' ...

Steve

Garmin Camper 780, subject to the caveat that the Programmers don't know their left from their right. 'Take the next right'; 5 seconds later, 'When possible, make a U Turn' ...

Steve
“You turn if you want to; the lady’s not for turning.”

I now need to go and wash my iPad out with salt and water.

I have a Garmin 760 camper version, that hasn't let me down yet.

I had a Garmin Dezl 760 and now have the 770 version. Both have my vans dimensions in (3m high) and both have tried to take me under the same 2.5m bridge and down narrow lanes.
Sat navy’s are good, but you still have to be aware of where they are trying to take you!

I have the CMHC Avtex Tourer Two which is based on a Garmin. Good at re-routing when you take a wrong turn. Some quirks and a good idea to check the route on a map or with an internet route finder.

You must always bear in mind that the sat nav is reliant on valid mapping delivered by the country where you are using it. In the UK it’s rather good, with just the occasional mishap. Go to France and it’s almost as though their mapping was thrown together with little regards to sizes and speeds - perhaps they want to put off invading hordes :ROFLMAO:

You must always bear in mind that the sat nav is reliant on valid mapping delivered by the country where you are using it. In the UK it’s rather good, with just the occasional mishap. Go to France and it’s almost as though their mapping was thrown together with little regards to sizes and speeds - perhaps they want to put off invading hordes :ROFLMAO:
Even allowing for that, the Garmin shows some alarming inconsistencies; it gives instructions for the next island, even in UK, 1 mile ahead, yet on the M40, I had already moved across to a 2 lane Section, just after the 1 mile warning, long before Mrs Garmin chipped in at about 400m with the instruction to move to the rh lanes. In a lumbering Motorhome, on a busy M40, that's cutting the time to change a bit fine, especially for the unfamiliar driver

Steve

No sat Nav I am aware of can warn about width of roads unless the road has posted width restrictions. I did get a message about unsuitable road last week when I took a short cut at Sandy Lanes through Back Lane and made it bothe higher and wider for future users 😂😂😂

So The caravan and motorhome sat nav width feature is just a con ??.
No it’s not a con Baz, if a road has a posted width limit then it should show as such on the Aguri, it’s just most roads don’t have width, limits marked

Large secondhand tablet with co pilot for caravans. Nothing failsafe, so abroad will often run another one (old garmin or maps.me) as well. Will compare route with a paper map and if going through villages, designed for horse and cart will Google satellite too.
Still end up where we shouldn't though!

Thinking about trying copilot on my tablet any body else tried it ?.
I use Copilot. It has a version for campervans where you put in vehicle dimensions. I believe it then tends to avoid the very small roads. I have had Copilot in cars and campervan for over 5 years. In the early days it was excellent. They then updated it which screwed up one aspect. I always use track up rather than North up. The problem now is that track up is really next turning point up. This can get confusing on bendy routes. The app is still worth using but I find this downgrade very annoying.

Hi I use the Tom Tom go camper, I found it very useful all over Europe. It hasn't tried to take me anywhere I shouldn't be. I have an 8 mtr. Autotrail 4.25 tonne and have put in all my dimensions (h,w,l). Starts up quickly loud enought to hear over road noise and radio. Just a little on the pricy side.

I have a Garmin 7??? Can’t remember but have found it to be fine no great problems sometimes a little slow at rerouting and will carry on trying to to take you down the same route. That’s because of the settings I have in it. We are consistent travellers and often away. The missus head navigator often checks on her mobile using Google maps or my3 words to find destinations as the garmin camper version we have does not have cl sites in and needs updating. Good luck in your search but I’m happy with the garmin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back