Sat nav

I'm happy with the Garmin Camper 770. Latest model is the 780.

When putting in sizes it is better to over-size. However, if there is no local authority or national authority narrow road
warning issued for that road, the mapping software of any make, does not know it is too narrow. It's not the satnav
manufacturers fault. However, if there is an 'A' road preference, even if a little longer route, the Garmin seems to guide
you that way - generally. I tried several after an early Tomtom failed, including the later Truck version of Tomtom's, but
preferred the Garmin.

The Garmin 760. If the other makes had Camera Wi-Fi it may be worth a look. If Garmin had a bigger screen with the camera option it would be a winner.

Nothing will be fool proof !
I also suspect that a working width restriction may well prevent use of some roads which although narrow are navigable with care.
Height limits are very few but again..
I use an old car tomtom.
It occaisionally gets lost due to road improvements but apart from that it is good.
Yes checking google and street view is good to avoid lunatic balcony roads.

Thinking about trying copilot on my tablet any body else tried it ?.
The original version of Copilot used to be very good. They still do a version for campervans where you put in dimensions of your vehicle. My biggest gripe with the new version is that you can no longer use a heading up presentation. They claim it is heading up but in fact it is next waypoint up. Not too much of a problem most of the time but it becomes confusing when negotiating roundabouts or complicated routes in towns with multiple turns. I still use it so in all other respects it is pretty good. It is a worldwide system and I found it very useful with a rental campervan in New Zealand and also for use with car hire in the USA.

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back