Scan lines on reversing camera monitor

Pudsey Bear

This was already fitted and was working fine, but I have Remis blinds fitted and it has a mirror mounted monitor which makes closing them a real pain.

So I decided it needed to be moved to the right hand dash on some mounting not yet made.

I needed to find the cable join which happened to be just above the roof lining and easy to get at.

So I pulled it apart, put it back together and refitted it and now I have scan lines on both cameras, it's firmly inserted it'll only go in one way, back where it was before, so I can't figure out why.

No idea of make.

Any ideas?

cam%20lead%201.jpg

Is there an option on the monitor menu to switch off the lines?
In the menu you can usually reverse the image, remove the lines and flip the image (for mounting the monitor upside down)

I can flip the image but I still get scan lines, I think you're meaning converging lines as a parking guide, the lines I mean are moving across the screen.

It could be interference from a dodgy connection pin in the connector when you reconnected it. Wiggling the cable on either side of the connector whilst the monitor is on might reveal an improvement but I would try undoing the connector again and giving both male and female connectors a blast of switch cleaner before trying anything more serious.

could be a dodgy connection. I had one exactly like that which failed. I cut it open with a Stanley blade and found a solder joint gone bad. Resoldered it, put sticky around and it was fine.

I can flip the image but I still get scan lines, I think you're meaning converging lines as a parking guide, the lines I mean are moving across the screen.
Yes, sorry I thought you meant the converging lines, I agree with the previous two posts, it will be a dodgy connection/breaking wire even though you have pushed the connection home firmly

I looked at it yesterday again, did the waggling, what I can see of the contacts look clean, sprayed it with switch cleaner anyway, no change :( :(

Given that nothing else has changed and cleaning hasn't worked, pulling the connectors apart may well have exacerbated a dodgy soldered joint - as per post #5.

Yes it could be that, but as you can see it'd be impossible to repair the actual plug and socket, too small, so it'd have to be a cut off and join back together job, and I hate soldering, it never goes right for me on the small stuff.

Yes it could be that, but as you can see it'd be impossible to repair the actual plug and socket, too small, so it'd have to be a cut off and join back together job, and I hate soldering, it never goes right for me on the small stuff.
I repaired the socket and the plug. It is just a plastic sheath round standard solder joints. A Stanley blade opens it up and exposes the joint you need. But if small stuff is not for you, new cables I suppose.

Hmm, nothing lost I suppose in giving that a try first, I will have to wait until I have a mount ready, as it would be quite awkward to do it in situ as it is, not thought how to make one yet, I want it as low as possible next to the A pillar, I could do with a sheet of perspex so need to look into what I already have when I move garages, and what the minimum I need for the monitor to fasten to.

Hi just a quick question, are the bars horizontal or vertical?.
Try the earth point for the power(check it's clean or move it somewhere else.
You could be picking up hum from the van wiring harness.

Hi just a quick question, are the bars horizontal or vertical?.
Try the earth point for the power(check it's clean or move it somewhere else.
You could be picking up hum from the van wiring harness.
Wouldn't it have been the same before though Dave? the lines are vertical on both cameras.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back