Scotland alcohol average

While we're on the subject of Islay whiskies, my imbibing has been drastically cut, so I only drink Springbank, Glengoyne, Mccallan & Islay whiskies ? ? (y).
My favourite Islay is Smokehead high voltage!

7 units is about average, afterall it is the water of life!.

Phill

Ok we arrived Monday-afternoon/ evening
And we are in good company with old Scottish friends,
I’m seen to average 1/4 bottle of 12 year old single malt per night! onto the Aberlour tonight which is going down well,
??
Is that awe.

While we're on the subject of Islay whiskies, my imbibing has been drastically cut, so I only drink Springbank, Glengoyne, Mccallan & Islay whiskies ? ? (y).

Phill
I know they are all "different", but how different are they between each other? Asking as I really really REALLY don't like the taste of whisky but maybe I have never tried a 'decent' one?

(I had a Whisky Sour when I was a lot younger and liked that but I think maybe it never really had any whisky in it! :D )

Phill

Mccallan gold is a particular favourite of mine and I could easily scouff a 1/4 bottle after a nice meal or night out.....but only once every 2 or 3 weeks mind. Need to keep an eye on the unit count. :giggle: (y) ?

Mccallan gold is a particular favourite of mine and I could easily scouff a 1/4 bottle after a nice meal or night out.....but only once every 2 or 3 weeks mind. Need to keep an eye on the unit count. :giggle: (y) ?
I won a McAllen 5 star in an online whiskey auction some years ago, this was kept for special occasion 70th birthday combined with a 50 th wedding anniversary saw 15 people for a party in a hotel room destroy the bottle

Malt whisky is simply very nice and very pricey.
Thus if you limit your "spend" you will also limit your units.
Day in day out I prefer a semi-decent rum...It was surprisingly cheap in Germany 6 or 7 or 8 euros a bottle even a slightly better class jamaican rum maybe 11euros. As they say about cheap material.." Never mind the cloth ..feel the width ! "

Malt whisky is simply very nice and very pricey.
Thus if you limit your "spend" you will also limit your units.
Day in day out I prefer a semi-decent rum...It was surprisingly cheap in Germany 6 or 7 or 8 euros a bottle even a slightly better class jamaican rum maybe 11euros. As they say about cheap material.." Never mind the cloth ..feel the width ! "
Now you're getting on the right track (y)

? ? ?

Hi. I am now a %100 non drinker. And it was only after I had stopped for a couple of years that I realised how much I used to drink and how much it had cost me in money. Friends and family. So if you do drink. Then moderation. Mind you if I was told moderation when I used to drink I would off laughed poured a large drink and said cheers. Mind you. I have seen people who have had a few and thought you silly fool. Then realised that all they were doing was what I used to do /say. Now I realise they were laughing at me not with me. So cheers to you all. Where did I put that cup of tea ooh here it is. Brian

Hi. I am now a %100 non drinker. And it was only after I had stopped for a couple of years that I realised how much I used to drink and how much it had cost me in money. Friends and family. So if you do drink. Then moderation. Mind you if I was told moderation when I used to drink I would off laughed poured a large drink and said cheers. Mind you. I have seen people who have had a few and thought you silly fool. Then realised that all they were doing was what I used to do /say. Now I realise they were laughing at me not with me. So cheers to you all. Where did I put that cup of tea ooh here it is. Brian
I like the taste of "drinks" but I don't really like alcohol that much. So I would very often have a non-alcoholic lager or cider rather than a 'real' one irrespective of things like needing to drive.
Got a few bottles of a rather nice Gin in the cupboard at the moment - a zero-alcohol one ;) A bottle of 'real' beer lasts me all evening!

I was brought up on an Island which was once described by a well known TV personality as "80000 dipsomaniacs clinging to a rock" in those days, if you could find your car you drove home, the magistrate at the time would come down hard on anyone caught DIC, yet I have personally seen him carried to his car, put in the drivers seat and off he drove. Thankfully today drink driving is a no no.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back