Seeing Scotland in a Motorhome

• Thread starter Camper Camera Go
  • Start date
Thank you John, I've just posted a pic from our very first motorhome trip, which was at 3 lochs forest drive. This is area E. What a wonderful place. :)

View attachment 42779
I have to agree - area E - one of the best views on the drive and you can stay there for up to three days during the permit season. The designated bays are small, we parked in the bigger area a few yards further up; the wardens didn't mind.
Looks like you have picked a good spell of weather.
Enjoying the videos and finding the information very useful. It's great to get real details of what to expect and where we can go rather than this is a video of our drive along the road. Just thinking out loud - could you publish the route with your pin markers using google maps trip planner ?

I have to agree - area E - one of the best views on the drive and you can stay there for up to three days during the permit season. The designated bays are small, we parked in the bigger area a few yards further up; the wardens didn't mind.
Looks like you have picked a good spell of weather.
Enjoying the videos and finding the information very useful. It's great to get real details of what to expect and where we can go rather than this is a video of our drive along the road. Just thinking out loud - could you publish the route with your pin markers using google maps trip planner ?

It's good to hear you're enjoying the videos. Thanks for the comment. I'll certainly look into the trip planner to show the route taken. :)

Four small scale rock blasts are to be carried out at the site of a notorious hairpin bend on the A9 as part of work to improve the section of road.

The blasts at the Berriedale Braes, near Helmsdale, will help contractors to better understand the geology of the area.

Transport Scotland said the work will be done between 13:00 and 15:30 on Tuesday 26 February.

Alf

New video published...a bit more wilderness this time in The Trossachs going from Aberfoyle to Stronachlachar and Inversnaid.

Please don’t suggest to people that it’s okay to park in passing places. It’s very frustrating when you are on a single track road with traffic coming the other way and someone has parked in the passing place.

Please don’t suggest to people that it’s okay to park in passing places. It’s very frustrating when you are on a single track road with traffic coming the other way and someone has parked in the passing place.

I saw no suggestion of parking in passing places. The lay-bys mentioned were on two way roads.
Another very good video, there is a need in the area to be aware of the Loch Lomond park camping restrictions. These are complex, and do not apply to roadside laybys but may apply to some of the car parks mentioned. Ridiculously contravention can lead to a criminal record See here for more details
A few years ago we stopped at Leannach on “Drive it Day”

7C6171F3-6916-4FDF-9730-13A9DB85BEE4.jpeg

It's good to hear you're enjoying the videos. Thanks for the comment. I'll certainly look into the trip planner to show the route taken. :)
The information in the videos is ideal. I know we can find the spots using the wild camping app but it's always a bit of a gamble. The map idea is quite simply because I can follow a map but not directions :)

I've published a new video in my series Seeing Scotland in a Motorhome :)

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks very much for that. We tried go that way in late January, unfortunately both the road to Stronachlachar Pier and the Dukes Pass were very snowy and icy and not passable by anything other than a 4x4. So it’s been nice to see what we missed.

Have you seen my new video published this weekend? Up The Whangie and the East side of Loch Lomond.

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Andy

Love all your informative videos. Personally I find the loud clashing intro outro music annoying though :unsure:

Love all your informative videos. Personally I find the loud clashing intro outro music annoying though :unsure:

Thanks for that...I'll look into making a new intro when I get time. :)

Not been to Scotland yet. These are great videos so thanks, it gives me a good idea of where to go and what to expect. :)

I've just published a new Seeing Scotland in a Motorhome video on YouTube. This time it's a trip along the Old Largs Road. Let me know what you think. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back