Self build campervan insurance

satz

I saw recommendations for Safeguard insurance on the weekly Motorhomer mailing. When I rang them they said that they don't cover DIY campers. I am interested in a policy that gives longer Euro touring and breakdown cover - any suggestions. please?

satz.

I'm with Adrian Flux and get good service and price.

AIB (discount on forum); also A-Plan (I have insured last two self-build vans with them and tomorrow will likely be insuring current self-build van with them

We were with AF during build process then for the first year currently with AIB however will probably be going back to AF for two reasons one we had a no fault claim with them and it delt with pretty smoothly. Though the main other reason is they do an agreed value policy
Take care all

I saw recommendations for Safeguard insurance on the weekly Motorhomer mailing. When I rang them they said that they don't cover DIY campers. I am interested in a policy that gives longer Euro touring and breakdown cover - any suggestions. please?

satz.
I've been with Adrian flux for years, they are great and I can pay a little extra to retain a good value on my campervan. They'll ask you to take various photos to help evaluate it, but I've always been given the insurance I asked for.

Thanks to all for your replies. I was with Comfort for 19 years but when I got a "new" van to convert they said it had to be converted with DVLA registration before they insure DIY vans now. I am currently with Adrian Flux but their European breakdown cover only covers for 60 days per year - for me, less than a normal trip. Probably back to Comfort.

I insure my self build with Scenic Insurance and find them to be an absolute pleasure to deal with most especially as the people you speak to there actually know about self building!

Initially I wasn't able to use them as they had a very restrictive time period for undertaking the conversion whereas AF gave me a year, but, just as soon as I had finished my conversion I couldn't get away from AF fast enough as personally I can't stand their generally brainless tele-sales people!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back