Selfsat Snipe v3 Satellite advice needed please.

I don't see why not, the Sky Go app is now available for the Firestick

Sky Go Link

Regards,
Del
Thanks for the reply / advise but think I will just stick to my roof mounted satellite unless I change motorhomes which won’t be for the foreseeable future.
It has never failed to find a satellite anywhere in the uk to date including anywhere in the highlands which I visit 6/8 times a year.

I am considering buying a Snipe version 3 satellite dish, I have read various comments ref version 2, some not so good ref gearing, some brilliant.
As we do not have a large amount of room on our roof I have whittled it down to the Snipe v3 or the Maxview Vuqube. Both have plus and minus reviews.
I am drawn to the Snipe with its latest engineering on the motor gearing revision,
However, opinions from those whom use the above would greatly be appreciated, Thank you.
I have a Snipe 3 fitted to our Burstner 680, had no problems at all fitted apart from updating the software. I fitted it myself in a day could be done in a couple of hours.
Regards
Alan

Hi we had a Maxview vucube fitted to our new MH, we have only been able to get away twice since lockdown but it worked well and quick at finding signal even at the most northly points in Scotland.
I hope this helps
Dave

I had a Snipe on my previous Motorhome, there was a problem with the noisy gears when it was out off warranty but snipe and
Wayne at Direct Leisure Repairs very quickly replaced the unit at no cost to me.
Tweedy, Did you have Snipe version 1, 2 or 3??

I am considering buying a Snipe version 3 satellite dish, I have read various comments ref version 2, some not so good ref gearing, some brilliant.
As we do not have a large amount of room on our roof I have whittled it down to the Snipe v3 or the Maxview Vuqube. Both have plus and minus reviews.
I am drawn to the Snipe with its latest engineering on the motor gearing revision,
However, opinions from those whom use the above would greatly be appreciated, Thank you.
I have recently owned a van with a second hand (to me ) snipe 2, and I recently also purchased a new snipe 3.The snipe 3 performed well, especially throughout France, but after being unused during the winter, it started to develop the same fault I had on the old one, that is it would not "home" One of the problems seem to be the cable from the roof dish to the controller, I would not buy another one.

I have recently owned a van with a second hand (to me ) snipe 2, and I recently also purchased a new snipe 3.The snipe 3 performed well, especially throughout France, but after being unused during the winter, it started to develop the same fault I had on the old one, that is it would not "home" One of the problems seem to be the cable from the roof dish to the controller, I would not buy another one.
Thanks for your input Johnjjl, As your the first contributor who has had a version 2 & 3 your comments are very valid, Im thinking we will go as several others have suggested with a Amazon fire stick and the internet.:):)

Thanks for your input Johnjjl, As your the first contributor who has had a version 2 & 3 your comments are very valid, Im thinking we will go as several others have suggested with a Amazon fire stick and the internet.:):)
that's what I have now, although it works at home, I have yet to try it in the van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back