Selling Motorhome

Phil 10

I am thinking of selling my Autocruise Starlett 2. Any advice on best way to go about this i.e. where to advertise etc.

Quite possibly worth upgrading to full here and WC and putting up some photos in an advert. Upgrade

I am thinking of selling my Autocruise Starlett 2. Any advice on best way to go about this i.e. where to advertise etc.

I would do as 2cv suggests and become a full member on here where over the years a lot have been sold on.

Further to this, if you are a memmber of either one of the 2 big clubs, namely the C&CC and the C&MC, both of them have websites and I believe that any members can sell their vans on their forums for free.

The problem with advertising on club sites is the punters may not be members... whatever else you do I would recommend ebay which is cheap enough and has broad coverage. Sold my last van that way no hassle. Didnt get one call from the same advert on autotrader ?
Good luck.
K ;)

You may know this but on Ebay you can post your vehicle as a classified ad, at a fixed price, it stays on for 30 days I think and instead of paying a percentage of the selling price you just pay a fixed fee, can't remember the exact fee but I think it's around £20. Sold a pick up last year like this and thought it was good value.

Funnily enough - we're looking at selling ours soon too - so this is a very opportune thread to have posted.

Does anyone have any further advice for selling up?
I'm going to invest in a full service, hab-check and gas-safety cert, obviously - anything else you'd recommend?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back