Share Your Top Tip for New Motorhomers

Hmmm tough call :ROFLMAO: I think I'll have to stick with the topper because if I don't get enough sleep, it's not just my hair that's crazy :eek:

I came to the same conclusion Bill... just couldn't settle knowing there was a mass of water in there! Typically, after our biggest snowfall yesterday, the temperatures rose last night and everything's pretty much melted today. Still, belt and braces :) The only place I ever see any condensation in the empty van is on the outside of the toilet flush tank because I tend not to drain that... and I do check for damp regularly. The ice in the washing up bowl was totally my fault... I'd left the bottom dregs of dirty water in it (final day flinglish!) because I'd intended to bring it into the house to tip and give it a good scrub, which I did once it defrosted! :D

Which leads me to another good tip for newcomers. Always thoroughly wipe over your crocks and utensils with kitchen towel before washing up, so that you don't get lots of food bits making the grey tank smelly.
A washing up bowl helps too because you can take it outside and water the hedgerow :Wink_Emoji:
We’ve started using disposable paper plates on top of our normal plates when wild camping thenjust bin them. No washing up!! Might try plastic knives and forks next!!!

Don't buy a motorhome hundreds of miles from where you live, when you have warranty work needs doing you have a long drive to get the work done :cry:

Just an update, I now have a 500 mile round trip to have some warranty work done. :(

Last edited:
Lol! That sounds like the voice of experience talking :Smiling_Face_with_T

I was that close to doing the same once but the penny dropped. Mind you, many a time I've driven miles with the tv aerial up and once Ieft the Heki open... thought I was going to lose it! Just about every trip I have to stop and secure the bathroom, wardrobe or fridge door :Flushed_Face_Emoji:
I should make myself a checklist :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign
Heki?? What is this !

A watering can and fiamma roll tank are our two most essential accessories. Even on aires in France it’s easier to service the water and waste without packing everything away to move the van.
Oh - and always, always use an awning tie down kit and leave one side of the awning slightly lower to allow water to drain off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back