Shingles.. Any Tips or Advice ?

Pauljenny

Looks like Management has the classic symptoms.. 3 days before our Golden Wedding Party, out here.
Not much practical advice on The NHS website. Can't connect to 111 here

Could be an interesting few weeks, especially as we're due to drive back to UK, in a fortnight...
She's the driver.

She needs medication when I had it some time ago I had some liquid to paint over the sores the ones that where raw before I visited the Doc are still visible the others I treated aren't

They say antihistamine tablets to stop the itching or calamine lotion but they reckon if you don’t get the medication within 24 hours they can last for a long time so I suggest you go to the pharmacist if possible Malcolm had tablets and they weren’t too bad especially with the itching and they didn’t last as long as they would if he hadn’t had the tablets

We are going to the pharmacy now. She's taken anti histamine
Thanks for your advice.

Thanks to all.
Picked up on the anti histamine tablets,this morning. We couldn't find a reference to them on the NHS site.
She was less than 36 hours in and took a double dose. They kicked in, 30 minutes later.
The Pharmacist was not too worried, didn't recoil in horror, confirmed our diagnosis and gave her stronger anti histamine tablets and a clever cream. Came back and slept for 2 hours.
She won't be wearing her bikini for a while.

Was it too late to start acyclovir ? Think it should be within 48 hrs but has to be from Dr in UK. Don't know anywhere else. Have heard that the head and shoulders works. Lots of sympathy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back