Solar Panel Charging Regulator

What you need is the Schaudt LR1218 solar regulator, which is compatible with the EBL systems. It is a high quality PWM regulator but I believe Schaudt started making a 1218 MPPT regulator recently. If you buy either one, it comes with a fitting kit that means it charges Hab AND Engine batteries from solar.

Your 30 Watt panel will not be an original Hymer fitting and will be an aftermarket one.

Thanks Maingate. Had the LR1218 previously on the 30W panel.
The regulator was faulty and that's why I got a replacement regulator (supposedly compatible with the Elektroblock) and added a 100W panel.
I've ordered a different regulator with the intention of charging directly and I think I'll try that route first.
However, Owlhouse made a good point that the higher Solar regulator voltage might fool the alternator charging system into thinking the battery is charged.
Thanks for pointing out the most appropriate system for the elektroblock. Great to know what works.
Might well go that route in the end.
Appreciate your well informed guidance.
Joe

I used a votronic duo regulator on my panel, it charges hab and cab batteries and it a top quality German made unit. Unlike a lot of regulators it has programmes for all types of battery including AGM, flooded and Gel.
Its important to charge Gel and AGM batteries correctly.

Thanks Jezport.
I have seen several comments that Voltonic are suitable for use with the (Elektroblock) systems
Was that directly to the batteries or Did you have an Elektroblock in your van?
Joe

I've got the EBL99 unit in my van which can also use the schaudt solar regulator but I've gone a different route.Because I already had a solar regulator,vanbitz battery master and a BM1 battery monitor lying around I have used them to connect the solar panels so now have leisure battery monitoring with the BM1 plus charging for the engine battery via the battery master.

I have got an EBL 271 coupled to a Photonic Dual Regulator. Everything works as expected to charge both leisure and cab batteries on solar, vehicle alternator and EHU charger operation.

JoeHymer;n12785 said:
Thanks Jezport.
I have seen several comments that Voltonic are suitable for use with the (Elektroblock) systems
Was that directly to the batteries or Did you have an Elektroblock in your van?
Joe

As I have a basic electroblok I went direct, theres no benefit going through the EBL for me

Jezport;n12772 said:
I used a votronic duo regulator on my panel, it charges hab and cab batteries and it a top quality German made unit. Unlike a lot of regulators it has programmes for all types of battery including AGM, flooded and Gel.
Its important to charge Gel and AGM batteries correctly.

hi i was just wondering what members thought of the voltronic duo i like the idea of 1A going directly to the engine battery and the rest to the hab battery

also does it need the extra controler to set it up

barry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back