Solar panel installer in North Wales

Pengy

Can anyone recommend someone to fit a Solar Panel? I'm based in North Wales near Menai Bridge. Personal recommendations are always good!

I've heard that in cold weather if the installation is done outside there can be problems with the adhesive not working properly. Urban myth or reality??

Thanks for any input 🙂

FWIW have changed my initial temperature suggestion to 8C as my memory isn't 100%....as I say FWIW!

Thanks! I think I'll be looking for an indoor workshop as it could take awhile for temperatures to reliably be warm enough!
I've just been reading more about panels coming loose and a lot of people are recommending to also screw them down. Any thoughts?

Thanks! I think I'll be looking for an indoor workshop as it could take awhile for temperatures to reliably be warm enough!
I've just been reading more about panels coming loose and a lot of people are recommending to also screw them down. Any thoughts?
Bear in mind that workshop space could be at a premium; probably best if the moho can be in the workshop for a time before work commences if outside temps are very low and of course while adhesive cures, not just while the work is done.

Bear in mind that workshop space could be at a premium; probably best if the moho can be in the workshop for a time before work commences if outside temps are very low and of course while adhesive cures, not just while the work is done.

Good thinking! I will definitely ask how long it can be in the workshop for.

Sikaflex 512 is the most common used and must be used between + 5 ° C and + 35 ° C. The best is between + 15 ° C to + 25 ° C

Sikaflex 512 is the most common used and must be used between + 5 ° C and + 35 ° C. The best is between + 15 ° C to + 25 ° C

Thanks! There's certainly no danger of it being too warm. Time to start phoning some companies I think.

@Pengy Without meaning to seem cynical choose your installer wisely!
An installer that is after max profit for minimal effort will glue them on for you typically using flimsy plastic or tiny little metal brackets. Perhaps if you are lucky he will add a few self tappers for good measure and you can then drive off into the sunset with fingers crossed.

There's a couple of people offering what appear to be ancient inefficient domestic panel installs on eBay at the moment £400-£500.
That includes about £75-£100 worth of parts, often including those awful cheap PWM solar controller that go for about £3 in the trade!
I bet none of them have public liability or indemnity insurance if their install fails!
Solar panel installation seems to be the new Wild West at the moment there clearly some profit to be made by using the cheapest possible components.
Good luck.

I chose the safer option, i.e to bolt mine on and that had the added advantage that I could do that anytime of the year.
There is a really big advantage to my preferred fixing method, that of flexibility.
If I want to change my panels of move them about or build a tilt frame I can with ease .
I use Unistrut as the mounting system.

The flexibility means you can experiment as well albeit with a soon to be replaced way too big panel :)

Last edited:
Thanks - I think it is always wise to be cautious! Unfortunately I'm no longer in a position to undertake the work myself so will have to search for someone reliable. It's a daunting task, but I'm making progress...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back